6

Hongjoong didn't know how he could fix all of this mess that he created, but he knew that he had to at least try.

And he had to try soon because else, there was a possibility for everything they had to break beyond returning.

But he didn't know how he could reach out for Seonghwa.

They hadn't spoken in days after they had texted for years.

If he came crawling back, Seonghwa would likely just ignore him or tell him to fuck off - which he wouldn't say directly but he would imply it, probably.

Hongjoong was already almost on the verge of giving up when his phone screen lit up and Yunho called...

----

Yunho had texted Seonghwa to meet up at their favorite Café to chat a little.

He had told him he missed him and wanted to buy him a hot chocolate again.

And Seonghwa was never one to turn down hot chocolate.

So, Yunho knew that Seonghwa would show up as he sat down in one of the booths after ordering their drinks and waited for the older.

When Seonghwa arrived, so did their drinks.

Seonghwa thanked Yunho and the barista and sat down, smiling.

And Yunho could see how forced it was from miles away.

So, Yunho started to calculate his way to start the conversation after they had settled down and greeted each other.

He huffed, rolling his eyes. "I was at Hongjoong's yesterday," he started, "he's burying himself in work again. God, this man is keeping me worried sick," he said, taking note of the way Seonghwa nervously bit his lower lip and busied himself by looking at the drink in his hands.

"And you're also worrying me, Seonghwa. You never say no to our meetups," he pouted and reached forward to hold Seonghwa's hand gently.

Seonghwa smiled slightly, but the hint of sadness couldn't be overlooked.

"Yeah, the kids at my dance studio keep me busy. We have to learn a new choreography but it's a bit too hard so I'm trying to tone it down a bit but I can't seem to find the right steps," he said, now meeting Yunho's unbelieving gaze.

Yunho hummed still, nodding. "Have you heard what happened to Hongjoong? He won't talk to me but I thought maybe you would know something," he finally said, feeling bad for lying but he had to.

He had to test his theory.

And by the looks of it, he was right.

Seonghwa hesitated for a few seconds, tensing up but eventually said, "No, I haven't."

"Seonghwa," Yunho started and noted the tension in the older's shoulders. "Why are you lying to me?"

Seonghwa swallowed visibly.

"There's something bothering you and I need to know what it is to help you," Yunho said.

"You can't help me solve this one, Yunho, I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice shaky.

And by the looks of it, Seonghwa didn't expect what Yunho was about to say next.