3 | ʜᴀʟᴍᴇᴏɴɪ

The next morning, Mi-Rae had her alarm set for 5:30am.

She took around half an hour deciding what accessories to wear with her uniform and an extra ten minutes doing skincare.

Skincare was just as good as makeup, atleast that was Mi-Rae's opinion. Especially when 'naturally stunning' was the expectation.

Once Yuri had woken up, which was a good two hours later, Mi-Rae asked when they would be leaving to walk to school.

Almost dropping the mascara in her hand at such an absurd question, Yuri explained that the chauffeur took them to and from school.

Though Mi-Rae thought walking to school would be a lot more fun, she decided to not argue with the daughter of her manager.

On the way to school, they chatted casually about the photo shoots and Yuri's ideas which had been incorporated.

When Mi-Rae had begun looking out the window, they hit something. Or rather someone.

They both climbed out of the car quickly, Yuri rushing over and Mi-Rae standing on the doorjamb, her mouth hanging open as she watched a girl around the age sprawled out across the road.

She was alive.

They could tell by the groaning noise she was making as she stood up.

"Are you okay?" Yuri asked quickly and the girl nodded.

"You speak English?" A sigh of relief escapes the girl's mouth as Yuri helped her up and she brushed herself off.

"Yes." Yuri answered nodding.

"Can we help you at all?" Mi-Rae called out to them, holding onto the top of the car.

"Can I get a ride?" The begging look in the girl's eyes made Yuri laugh slightly as she turned to Mi-Rae.

The teenage star contemplated for a moment before nodding and sliding back into her seat whilst shutting the door.

The rest of the journey consisted of a brief conversation about Yuri's romantic summer with her boyfriend.

Or girlfriend, perhaps, Mi-Rae didn't like to assume.

However Yuri was Asian, and South Korea was nothing like America where humans can make out with and marry whoever they want.

They also discussed the girl (Kitty)'s family and her reasons for being here.

"I'm here to surprise my boyfriend. I'm going to meet him at the welcome party, tap him on the shoulder and say, 'Hey have you seen my boyfriend?' and then we'll kiss for the very first time and it will be perfect." Kitty had explained.

Mi-Rae knew first-hand just how unlikely that was to happen.

She had already experienced her first kiss, her second, her third, her first make-out, her second make-out, her fourth kiss, and her third make-out.

The first one is always most definitely not perfect.

Kitty didn't seem to trace Mi-Rae's negative energy when the star replied, "And he has no idea? You didn't tell him?"

"Nope!" She had simply smiled and turned to talk to Yuri about her K-Drama Summer.

When they arrived at school, Kitty thanked the pair profusely and told them she'd see them around campus.

Maybe. Mi-Rae had thought.

Kitty seemed to much for her, the energy, the smile, none of it made her comfortable.

They were two completely different people.

One fuelled by money and power she never desired and one fuelled and driven by pure heart.

Kitty was driven by her heart and her head, that somehow seemed to work in sync with eachother.

She loved her boyfriend so much that she was willing to take herself 13 hours across the world to be with him.

Mi-Rae couldn't picture herself doing anything like that.

Reaching into the pocket of her white and black plaid jacket, she slipped on her gold-rimmed black sunglasses.

They had been a gift from her grandmother before she passed away.

Her whole career had been for her. Everything had been for her halmeoni.

"You want me to help you sign in? I have a dorm but I never use it. Only as an escape from my mother and father." She must have realised that she just described her parents as something to run away from and quickly corrected, "Because I love them.. so much."

"Chill, Yuri. I get it." The actress sighed.

K.I.S.S looked like every other fancy international school Mi-Rae had seen on her travels.

The same modern look, the same bustle of noise from students as they gossiped over anyone and anything.

In this case, it was the Han heiress and the B-List Korean celebrity that had just walked into the school.

"유리의 아빠는 파리에서 사진 촬영을 위해 그녀를 고용했습니다! 그녀는 정말 아름다워 보였습니다! 정말로 삶에 대한 나의 영감입니다."
(Yuri's dad hired her for a photo shoot in Paris! She looked absolutely beautiful! It's truly my inspiration for life.)

"도와주세요. 그녀는 너무 예뻐요. 나는 죽을지도 모른다."
(Help. She's so pretty. I might die."

"바라보다! 임미래 입니다! 내 형제 둘 다 그녀를 좋아해요. 포스터가 곳곳에..."
(Look! That's Mi-Rae Lim. Both of my brothers like her. Posters are everywhere!)

Yuri was smiling and waving constantly at people that were calling their names while Mi-Rae shared a few waves but mostly kept her gaze at the school entrance doors in front of her.

"Here. The Welcome tables. Sign yourself in, I'm going to go find Eunice and Mi-hee."

Mi-Rae nodded at Yuri's words and turned to face the welcome desk.

A line had formed but as soon as the students in it saw her, they each stepped back to allow her to take the space at the front.

"Mi-Rae Lim." She said to the lady at the desk.

"Yes I know all about you! Here's your file! Oh and could you sign this notebook for my daughter? She loves you."

𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯... Mi-Rae thought as she took a pen off the desk and signed the notebook, then proceeding to take her file.

It didn't take Albert Einstein to realise that Mi-Rae'a time at K.I.S.S would be no different to all her travels.

She looked up from the ground and stared out of a window.

The same window that all her hopes for a normal life had flown out of.