Prologue Part 1

Picture beside is a photo of Catherine Rose Johnson

Hiya, my name is Catherine Rose Johnson but people usually just calls me Kat. I am seventeen years old and yeah... I guess there isn't much to say about me really... I'm your typical brunette long haired girl, with what people say to me stunning hazel eyes and i guess skinny but I'm not talking about how my body is going to the point of view where people sometimes asks me if I'm anorexic or not. I'm right in the middle of being slim and a bit chubby, if you get what i mean... and if your wondering no I'm not anorexic.

I live with only my dad , Dan/Danny and my little seven year old little brother, Felix. I once had the most amazing mom in the world... but she died years ago from leukemia. I was just eleven years old at that time and Felix was just a one year old fragile baby... people thought that i was one of those kids who are still too young to not understand on whats happening around me, but what people don't know is that i was a very smart girl for a girl my age at that time.

I started to realize that my mom hasn't come back home in days, then weeks, then months. Deep down i know my mom hasn't really left me, she was one of those stars in the skies that would always brighten up the world even though its dark. But i had to face the fact that my mom, one of the people i dearly cared about was now gone forever.

Days had passed and my dad just received the news. You see back then he was a very busy business man. His boss was filthy rich and always wanted my dad to come with him traveling around the world, and i guess he ended up being his secretary... Once he received the news, i guess it wasn't only me who felt like a piece of my heart was stolen and broken, and let me tell you this he did not take it very well either.

After my dad came home, he was too stressed to deal with anyone and that included me and Felix. Months after the 'incident', he would always go at night to god knows where and always come back home in the morning at the front porch or lawn being all hungover and that. I hate seeing my dad like this, truly i did.

He used to be like one of those dads that every other girl would dream on having, him being my knight in shining armor and me being his damsel in distress.

Dan started to get abusive when it was my twelve year old birthday and that night i just couldn't erase that from my memory...

Flashback

I was on my bed wrapped around my three layers of blanket reading one of the books from the 'Diary of a wimpy kid' series. I was just halfway in the book but then i heard the front door being opened and slam shut. I was a bit afraid on how the door slam shut really hard making the walls rumble.

Felix was of course in my room sleeping in one of the bed that my uncle Syd installed, it was all Syd's idea thinking that it would be a good idea rather than me waking up every night to the baby monitor when Felix cries . I looked over my shoulder to check if Felix was still sleeping or not, and thank goodness his still sleeping.

I pulled my blankets off of me and folded it neatly again. I put on my warm fuzzy slippers on and put on a robe cos it was as cold as the north pole at night. I turned the knob on my door till it made a 'click' sound. I went downstairs as quietly as i can so the person downstairs didn't know i was coming. As i arrive the living room, i didn't see anyone here i looked out the window and saw lots of cars by my neighbors house.

"Hmm maybe it was just the neighbors throwing a party and i guess one of the guest slammed the door a little bit too hard causing all the neighborhood to hear and feel..." i said to myself.

"Oh there's no party happening my dear sweet daughter, it was just me" i tensed up hearing the drunk slurred voice, i mean i didn't need to turn around to know who it was cause i know that voice from anywhere.
But being the stupid idiot i am, i turned around just to make sure that i was probably hearing things in my head and probably imaging it. But oh no this was not something to imagine about, it was all real.

Right in front of me was my very own flesh and blood, it was Dan, my father.

"D-d-dad", i stuttered not remembering how to speak normally anymore "Wha-a-t ar-e you do- "SHUT IT" My dad cutting me from what i was stuttering about.

I just nodded really fast as an reply.

"You", he pointed straight at me "Are the reason why your mother died . She could've been with me right now sitting on the couch watching some sappy movie that she likes with me while we both drifted off to sleep!." he said with rage and anger.

I just stared at him not knowing what to say back to him.

"YOU ARE JUST A STUPID, WORTHLESS BITCH!. I MEAN LOOK AT YOU NOW, YOU CANT EVEN SAY ANYTHING.'" he yelled over the top of his lungs.

I was on the verge of crying, but it was too late. I can already feel wetness all over my cheeks.

"You are just a mistake, your not suppose to happen and all of this are NEVER meant to happen." he said it like he was talking to himself but just loud enough for me to hear.

I just froze at my place not knowing on what I'm suppose to do, until i felt his hands around my wrist pulling me close and pushing me on the floor. He started kicking my stomach really hard that i know it would cause a black and purple bruise down there at my stomach.

"STOP, ple-ea-se st-op, i be-g of you!" i cried out in pain

"NO", he kicked my stomach, "I", kicked again, "WILL", kicked again in the stomach, "NEVER", kicked, "STOP", kicked, "THIS", kicked, "YOU ARE NEVER EVER GOING TO BE FORGIVEN, YOU WERE JUST A MISTAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE!" he kicked me all over the place and i swear i started to cough up blood, after what seems to be forever he finally stopped and stormed out of the house. I couldn't remember anything after that because i have drifted off to unconsciousness.

End of Flashback

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hiya, my awesome readers!
Im here to apologize that im not going to update for a while... due to that i have to go on a family trip, woohoo fun (Note: heavy sarcasm included) and that i haven't been feeling well for this couple of days.

So... PLEASE forgive me for not uploading lately!!!

QOTD:
What do you think of the book so far??