Prologue Part 2

Picture beside is a photo of Calum Thomas Hood

Previously on Prologue Part 1:

"You are just a mistake, your not suppose to happen and all of this are NEVER meant to happen." he said it like he was talking to himself but just loud enough for me to hear.

I just froze at my place not knowing on what I'm suppose to do, until i felt his hands around my wrist pulling me close and pushing me on the floor. He started kicking my stomach really hard that i know it would cause a black and purple bruise at my stomach.

"STOP, ple-ea-se st-op, i be-g of you!" i cried out in pain

"NO", he kicked my stomach, "I", kicked again, "WILL", kicked again in the stomach, "NEVER", kicked, "STOP", kicked, "THIS", kicked, "YOU ARE NEVER EVER GOING TO BE FORGIVEN, YOU WERE JUST A MISTAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE!" he kicked me all over the place and i swear i started to cough up blood, after what seems to be forever he finally stopped and stormed out of the house. I couldn't remember anything after that because i have drifted off to unconsciousness.

End of Flashback

After Dan's boss, Ricky heard that Dan had a bad habit of drinking, he had no other choice but to fire Dan. What surprised me was that he didn't give a damn really... him losing his job.

I guess mom's death did affect him after all, since his job was one of his main priorities he used to care very much about.
Yes ladies and gentleman, my dad, Dan was indeed a workaholic back when he had a job. Shocking ey!

Yep, so basically we were broke due to that Dan had no job anymore to feed the family and pay the rent of the house. But me being the responsible family member i am in the family, i took a job downtown as being a waitress in a restaurant called "Mel's Resto". The payment was two hundred bucks a week... its not much but its enough to pay the rent for the house and food for Felix and i. (I never cook or buy Dan food, but if he told me to i had no other choice but to do as he says).

But one day, Dan told me and Felix to pack our bags because we were moving to Sydney, Australia.

At first i thought he was joking because firstly Australia was at the other side of the world from here (A/N, i know the United Kingdom is really at the other side of the world from Australia but can u please imagine Catherine and her family being in America... i just wanted to make that paragraph a little interesting) and secondly there was no way in hell he could buy us tickets to Australia at this time because he had no job which means he has no money.

But at that very moment he picked up a black case from the floor and threw it at me, of course he meant it on purpose to probably cause me to get hit in the face or fall butt first on the floor something like that. But ohhh no i catch it just in time before it hits my face (Thank you P.E.!) causing me to make a triumph sort of looking face and a scoff from Dan.

I was confused at first for not knowing on what to do with the black case till i heard Dan's deep voice screaming at me to open it. So i did as he says and was gobsmacked when i opened it revealing lots of cash all stacked neatly in one hundred dollars all around.

"Wh-where did yo-u g-" I stuttered before i was rudely cut off from Dan.

"SHUT UP! and it's none of your business to know where i got all this money from." He half shouted to me.

I just nodded, feeling scared that if i would've talked again he would scream at my face causing Felix to cry.

I was still confused on where he would get all this kind of money from, since I've never seen him going to get a job, heck even moving around the house before. He snatched the case from me and said "Go on, go pack whatever you have up there. We're leaving next week and that's final!".

"B-but how about school?, school doesn't end till this Semester." i said to my dad nervously.

Just then, i felt a sting like feeling from my left cheek and let me tell you this, it freaking hurts!. It only takes seconds to realize that Dan, my what so called "Dad" has slapped me across my cheek.

"Ouch" i mumbled to myself.

"LISTEN HERE MISSY!, First things first, You NEVER talk back to me, EVER!, and secondly, i don't give a f*ck about your education. But since I'm your only legal guardian there is, you can start school there this semester." Dan said.

I nodded as a reply not wanting to hear anything else and went straight to my room upstairs.

After slamming my bedroom door shut, i leaned against the door sliding down and sat on my bedroom floor hugging my knees.
I couldn't help it but i let warm tears flow down my face and letting out a small cry.

"I wish somehow that my life would change back like it used to be... me filled with joy and happiness, not wanting to be afraid anymore." I whispered

"One day i hope that i would find my true prince charming, just like you said mom." I glance out my window staring out outside to see the night sky filled with shining stars all around. I couldn't remember what happen after that because i have drift off to sleep.

Third Person P.O.V

What sweet innocent Catherine didn't know is that she was going to meet her so called "prince charming" after all and another thing that she didn't know was that he was going to save her and her brother from her own abusive dad.

I mean who knew that her life is going to change from a boy-band member that is quite a handsome bloke he is.

I guess no-one did, and the most interesting part of all of this was it all started at an airport.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hiya, my awesome readers!
Im so so so SO sorry for not uploading very soon...

Anyways, im just gonna make this A/N as small as possible.
So all i wanted to say was that Calum Hood himself doesn't appear in the book probably until Chapter 3 or 4 cos i just wanted you guys to get to know Catherine a little bit more in this first couple of chapters, so.... yeah.

There ya go!