Three

With a startled gasp, I woke up tangled in my blankets on the floor

With a startled gasp, I woke up tangled in my blankets on the floor. Then groaned immediately after, moving to hold my side as I realized it was in pain from falling off the bed.

Why am I on the floor?

"Last call, Em. Get. Up," came Elena's surprisingly chipper voice.

I squinted my blurry eyes, seeing my sister towering above, holding onto the corner of my blanket. "Why'd ya do that?" I murmured, burying my head in the blanket.

"I've already tried three times to wake you up, and you wouldn't."

"Whaa... no you didn't..." I yawned out, rolling onto my back and stretching my arms.

"Yes I—ugh. Really, Em? You're the one who wanted me to wake you up early." Despite the annoyance in her voice, I could see a bright smile on my sister's face. I furrowed my brow at the contradicting sight. "This is the last call. I won't wake you again."

"Okay, okay. Getting up. For real," I added at Elena's pointed glare. Which was starting to look weird with the smile...

With more of a skip in her step than her usual stomp after attempting to wake me up, Elena went back through the adjoined bathroom.

"That... was unusual." With a shake of my head, I looked outside the window. The sun wasn't even up yet. The things I do for my friends...

With a mighty groan of effort, I stood up and quickly got dressed in jeans and my favorite Foo Fighter band t-shirt, using the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth before Elena takes her shower.

When I was done, I went down the hall to knock on my brother's door.

"Jeremy, you read-" before I could finish, Jeremy swung the door open, walking right past me without a single glance.

"Let's go."

Okay, then... Good morning to you, too.

With me driving Matt's truck, we first stopped at the Donovan's house

With me driving Matt's truck, we first stopped at the Donovan's house. Jeremy stayed in the car, his leg twitching in anticipation and nervousness, as I quickly ran inside.