Chapter 11 - Romance Rules

Altan hugged me tightly before holding what used to be my arms.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

"Starla, what happened to you?" he asked. He called me Starla, not Carina. Knowing that his family is tied to my biological one, that was sweet.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

"Oh, just a move to get out the ropes. They'll regrow," I said. He wiped my cheeks, presumably mascara staining my cheeks. Little did he know, I was swooning harder. I couldn't help it.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

I pressed my lips on his, leaning into him and pushing him against a wall. I quickly realized that he had eyes for someone else which made this extremely awkward. I pulled my lips away with a sheepish laugh.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

"T-That was gratitude! You know, French mom and all!" I stammered. Sorry mom. He wiped his lips softly before looking away.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

"I should take you to a hospital," he said as he led me out a secret way into the mansion. Turns out, he had a personal doctor in there.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

By the time my arms were bandaged and they were all gone, I felt like crying. Real crying. Starla doesn't cry. Not now, not ever. What even is there to cry about?

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

So.. your parents are gone, you lost a good friend, your uncles are both getting beaten to death, Aelia is missing, and Estrella and Fengari are not
likely to hold up with those two ladies. Maybe Cielo is at home alone and Dawn is wondering what the hell happened to you. No biggie, Starla Moon. No biggie!

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

I had to hold back the tears as I heard a knock on the door. They came in, Aelia there and looking sorrowful.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

"Starla, how are you doing?" she asked.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

"Fine. How was running away twice for you?" I asked. The sadness had turned to anger and spite. She sighed while rubbing my head softly.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

"I left to get help. I brought Titan in, but when he struggled, I called your mom and now Bulan and Cynthia are there to help out. Bulan is pissed," she explained. Dad? My dad is here! That gave me all the eternal peace I needed, since I feel asleep soon after Amelia's explanation.

˚。𖦹 ⋆。°