Newspapers.

One day when Rui was in his little world,(which he realized was called a Sekai from decoding the words on the newspapers he found taped to the walls) He heard footsteps.

    That's not normal.

    No one's supposed to be here.

    "Hello?" A timid voice behind him mutters. After turning around, he sees the owner of that said voice. A short blonde boy stands below him. He wore a slightly dirty button-up shirt, He looked oddly familiar... Rui couldn't put a finger on it. Who was he?

Rui looks up and curiously asks, "Who are you? I don't think I've ever seen you here"

    "Tsukasa Tenma."He gulps worriedly. He didn't know what was going through this strange man's head! What if he was some psychotic killer?! What was he gonna do?

    "Oh! We lived down the street from each other all those years ago!" Rui says moving his top hat away from his face. He was secretly wishing Tsukasa would remember him. Although, He knew that it wouldn't happen in a million years.

"I don't remember you. If I'm being honest, I know a lot of people so maybe we have talked before. I'm still happy to meet you though!" Tsukasa smiles with a slight pink tint on his face.

"Maybe, we should get to know each other. I doubt we're getting out of here anytime soon." Rui sighs sitting next to the blonde boy. Rui knew this place like the back of his hand, he wasn't gonna tell Tsukasa that though. He finally is able to talk to his childhood crush! Why would he let him go now?

"Yeah, you already know my name. I go to Kamiyama High School, I'm interested in acting as well!" Tsukasa yells. His voice is more aggressive than Rui originally thought. He was an actor. He and Rui were similar in that regard.

"I go there too! Maybe we could hang out sometime!" Rui smiles. His plan is so fucking close to working.

"Maybe! We'll see when I'm not busy!" Tsukasa chuckles. His laugh's funny, it's infectious. Rui wanted to see him happy all the time. He wanted to hold him as they smiled and laughed together all day long. Fuck...what is this guy doing to him?

"I don't think I got your name did I?" Tsukasa says tapping his chin.

"Oh! Sorry! My name is Rui Kamishiro!" He says rubbing the back of his neck.

As they talked, time seemed to slip away. Tsukasa was nothing like what he had imagined. His voice was loud and commanding, and his confidence was through the roof. It was hard not to be captivated by his presence., he was everything Rui aspired to be.

Days passed, and Rui was living his life to the fullest. This was the happiest he had ever been. He hadn't cut himself in about a week. He never normally took breaks from self-harm, he participated in his self-destructive behavior almost every single day. Was that bad? Sure. Was he ever going to stop? Probably not.

    As the two snuggled up on the rooftop, gazing at the black sky, Tsukasa told stories from his childhood. He even said he wished they had crossed paths much sooner. This phrase made Rui's heart almost explode.

Everything seemed too good to be true for Rui. He had the boy of his dreams lying next to him. It was a moment he had fantasized about for years, but now that it had finally happened, he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. Was he going crazy? Was this even actually real? He didn't know what to think anymore.

     What's happening?