Act II: The Forbidden Woods

External: Woods

This scene would focus on the Sanderson sisters as they would escape from the angry mob. Without thinking, they decide to run blankly towards the woods... Even though there is a wooden sign that says "Salem Woods" (with the name being crossed out). At least there is some place the sisters could hide from for a quite while. The sisters would then stop running, resulting in them panting.

WINIFRED SANDERSON

Sister, you think they're behind us...?

Mary looks ahead. There's no one there that was following or even in the forest.

MARY SANDERSON

I-I don't think so, Winnie...

WINIFRED SANDERSON

Good.

The two sisters then hug Winifred tightly. Winifred looks down, makes an relieved smile as she hugs them back.

SARAH SANDERSON

You're okay!

WINIFRED SANDERSON

Yes, yes...

MARY SANDERSON

We could've lost you!

WINIFRED SANDERSON

I know...

MARY SANDERSON

Or worse... you could've been killed!

Mary then makes an horrified expression. Sarah responded by shivering in fear.

MARY SANDERSON

On your 16th birthday!

WINIFRED SANDERSON

Oh, calm down! I'll be just fine. There's no way that I would get killed.

MARY SANDERSON

What if–

WINIFRED SANDERSON

Shush shush shush...

Winifred would land her pointing finger to cover Mary's mouth. Mary would muffle in response.

WINIFRED SANDERSON

Listen sister... As long as we stay together, that's all it matters...

Winifred then gives Mary a hug. Mary remains quiet yet, trying to be optimistic. Though, she's still worried. I mean, what if the Reverend finds them there? Wait, no... That's impossible. People across Salem haven't gone straight into the forest within years! She would see the majority of the citizens are too frightened to go there. Besides, the Reverend stated that people need to avoid going to the "Forbidden Forest" they called it. Well, according to what the Reverend stated. Mary wasn't sure how to feel about all of this. Though, as long as she's with her sisters, nothing can stop them.