𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐥'𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

L'S RUN IN THE FAMILY
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter two, pre Gilmore Girls

January 11th, 1985

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUKE'S POV ]

     ONE MONTH AGO I BROUGHT HER HOME. One month ago I held her for an hour and cried for two before they allowed me to bring her back home where I had to explain to my father why I had a child in my arms.

     The conversation was difficult. A lot of stammering and awkwardly laughing to make the situation seem better but nothing could prepare me or my dad for this. I have a daughter and my dad is a grandfather again. He barely got to know Jess before Liz took off but I wanted my dad to know of my kid.

     My kid that I haven't named yet.

     Sure, I've tried to think of a name. I've wrote quite a few options down but none of them suit her. The only part of her name I know for sure is Danes. I've considered naming her after my mother but I hated that idea too. Instead her middle name will be my mother's name of Lilia. I think I want her name to begin with an L which narrows my list down slightly.

     My dad has been trying to help in any way he can. He wakes up when I do, mainly because she screams very, very loudly which doesn't just wake us up but also wakes up the entire neighbourhood who now know I'm a father to a month old baby girl.

     When the town saw me holding a baby girl in the hardware store, rocking her to sleep in my arms, they instantly knew that she was mine just from looking at her. She holds the same features I do and it's very obvious that she is mine. I was afraid to walk around town with her, mainly because this town is full of gossips who found this news to be extremely exciting.

     Everybody has held her, and I mean, everybody has held her. I feel like I've passed her from one person to the next but she always ends up back in my arms, clinging onto my fingers with her hands and crying.

     For a month, I've had a total of twenty-hours sleep but I can't complain. Shockingly, since having her, I have found that she is the only person in the world that I care about. I've found myself to be extremely protective, my hands always reaching out to take her when she starts crying. She's stolen my heart faster than anybody ever has, and I can't believe how much I love her after a month.

     People say I've picked up the father role quite quickly and outside of this house, I act like I have understood the role of being a father, but inside the safety of my home, I struggle. She rests in the crib- my old crib- next to my bed and I stare at her, checking that she's breathing. When I'm alone, I'm afraid I'm screwing her up. She's stuck with me for the rest of her life and I'm afraid I'm going to hurt her. Maybe I won't be a good dad.