𝟎𝟑𝟔. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

THE BRACEBRIDGE DINNER
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter thirty-six,
Gilmore Girls — Season Two

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter thirty-six, Gilmore Girls — Season Two

December 11th, 2001

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

SOMEHOW— I'M NOT SURPRISED— MY DAD FELL FOR LORELAI'S SWEET SMILE AND PUPPY-DOG EYES because now me, Jess and my dad have to attend an elaborate feast at the Independence Inn. The dinner is nineteenth century themed with servers dressed in old-timey costumes, and Squire Bracebridge is no other than Jackson Belleville.

The whole dinner is elaborate, elegant, and extravagant. Lorelai sure knows how to plan an extraordinary event. I mean, she managed to get the majority of town into the dining room for this. Even Dad is here.

My seat is conveniently in between Jess and Dad, but I really wish I was sat at the other end of the table, away from Jess.

After the fight that he started in school— the fight me and Dean had to break up— I wasn't really in the mood to talk, especially to him. Sure, he was beating up Check Presby who, obviously, deserves whatever happens to him, but either way, Jess shouldn't be fighting. I would've excused the fighting Chuck thing if he hadn't tried to also start on Dean who was just an innocent bystander.

I apologised to Dean repeatedly before I dragged Jess back to the diner, and now I have to sit through a million courses with him and Dad.

I'm sitting across from Paris Geller who was invited by Rory. Lorelai's parents sit a little further down the table, and they seem happy. Richard Gilmore appears to be overly happy, and I question why. Mrs Kim and Lane sit across from Babette and Morey— bless them— and I look to Dean who sits with his little sister, Clara. I wave and smile politely, and then I lean back into my seat as I await for the luxurious food that Sookie cooked.

Addy walks in— later than usual— with her mother and Addy takes a seat next to Jess, saying hello to him, and I'm surprised he speaks back. Nathan is sitting across the way with his parents, and he seems to be shooting daggers in our general direction— probably at Jess.

Lorelai rushes into the room. "Before the, uh, button popping and the bloating can commence, say cheese." She holds a camera up, and we lean forward so she can snap a photo of the entire party who fit onto this awfully long table.

She snaps the photo, and she smiles proudly before tucking it away. "Uh, now, ladies and gentlemen, damen and herren, um, the moment you've been waiting for, I give you the Bracebridge Dinner."