2

Your first day at UA.... It was a nightmare.

You woke up five hours before your first class, and it was only orientation today. But your nerves were killing you, so you quickly got dressed and ate breakfast.

It only took you 2 hours to get ready and prepare breakfast for you and your parents. You still have three hours... And you're close to passing out.

After downing two cups of [Favorite Drink], you were up and awake, ready to face the challenges UA would throw at you.

"Well, you look excited." Rina teased and Shizuka softly nodded at her side, "Excited? Please... I'm this close to jumping onto the train tracks." You demonstrated how much you meant by pinching your fingers.

"Your fingers are touching." Shizuka stated and you nodded at her observation, "Exactly." You could hear Rina cackling in the background but you could care less. Your father heard your conversation as he sat across from you on the dining table, reading the newspaper as your mother was getting ready for work.

He couldn't help but feel his lips quipping into a small smile when he saw how close you were with your spirit friends. When he was young, he also wanted to always be accompanied by his spirit friends. But as he grew older, he realised that he needed to let them pass on. So he worked hard to fulfill their last wishes.

While letting them go was painful, it gave him the courage to be who he is today. And he hoped that when you grew up, you would also choose to let them go. Because tethering them to you for eternity... is too cruel.

You took off from your house an hour after that. You still had two hours but you're sure the commute would take you half an hour, if it wasn't too crowded at the train station.

Thankfully, it wasn't. And you managed to find a seat too! Hey, maybe it won't be so bad today!

————

You take it back, you wanna go home.

The moment you saw the giant building, you wanted nothing more but to run away. It didn't help that Shizuka was physically preventing you from doing so. Oh, by the way, you can also allow spirits to touch you and for you to touch them.

It was a cool ability you discovered when you were scared of a new spirit you had encountered and you wanted Shizuka to comfort you. Out of you three, Shizuka was the oldest since she was 23. Then, it was Rina, who was 17 and was trying to become a doctor as a human. Rina was killed by her father, who had hidden her body in a suitcase and buried her.

Although your father had managed to find her body, that wasn't her last wish. Her wish was her father to die painfully. And for that to happen, you would have to kill the old man yourself or wait for him to die, because the Government had only given her father a life sentence.

Not a death sentence.

You can't just go around killing people, so she decided to tether herself to you. But at times, you felt really bad for both your spirit friends.

Both had been murdered.

And you would wonder if one day, you would also die like them? Getting murdered and your last wish being the justice that you never received...

When your thoughts got too dark, Rina would try to cheer you up and Shizuka would hug you.

But pushing those thoughts in the back of your head, you were pulled to the UA building by your spirits and finally set to finding your class.

Since you guys had no idea where it was, you all decided to split up and whoever found it would screech loudly (except for you, because being a human meant you can be heard by others too).