5

As much as you had been worried, the next day of school was filled with nothing but boring, mundane and normal high-school activities.

You all had to go through the usual stuff of attending normal classes, like English and Maths. But you knew that this supposed peace was temporary...

And not because you had a Heroics period later on, but rather because of what conditions you were subjected to as of right now.

Lunch Break.

Your hands shook with fear as your spirit friends eyed you with worry. All the tables already had at least one or two people sitting there. This meant that you were forced to actually walk up to people and talk with them, asking for permission if you could sit there.

No... The horror didn't end there.

They would reply, and you would have to sit there and eat in front of them, while they might as well stare at you for all they want.

Holy shit... You should have just brought a bento and ate it in your class like how you used to in middle school. But nooo! Your dumbass just had to act like you could actually pull something as courageous as this!

Rina watched you in worry as she turned to Shizuka for a moment before returning her gaze back to you, "Do you want me to possess you? It won't take too long..."

But Shizuka was quick to stop her, "No. If you possess her now, then there's no way she'll get better. She needs to face this–"

"Shizuka, I swear I'm gonna die from a heart attack... Please, Rina! Possess me–"

You were cut off from your pleads to your spirits when a cheery voice called out to you, "Yoohoo, [Last Name]-chan! Hey, over here!"

It was the pinkette from yesterday, Ashido Mina.

Along with her, three other boys sat, one of which you recognized as the kind red head who gave you his own syllabus outline. You watched how she waved you over with a wide smile on her face, while all three of the guys also sported the same kind grins on their faces.

"Come sit with us!" She stated and you jolted back to reality.

Now... You were presented with two options.

Either you sit with the people that you already knew (and that had been kind to you), or you sit with people you had no idea of who they were or if they hated your mere existence just because you sat next to them.

"I think the answer's pretty clear here..." Shizuka chimed in and you nodded.

Obviously, you chose the former, because in no way are you interacting with more people than you have to.

With legs that felt like jello, you hauled your body to the table Mina was at, and her grin only grew in magnitude upon seeing your decision. She scooted over to make more room for you to sit, and the moment you reached there, you stood idle.

You just stared at all the members at the table, just watching you with a soft smile while you were currently pissing yourself.

"Come sit with us, [Last Name]-chan!" A boy with yellow hair and a black streak spoke up, a jovial tone to him while the sharp toothed red head nodded at his side, "Yeah! Feel free to join us!"

"They seem nice!" Rina exclaimed and Oboro nodded, "Yeah! The red head reminds me of myself back in my glory days!"

"If by glory days, you mean your final days, then I suppose that's true." Shizuka stated and the cloud head snapped his head in her direction in shock. Meanwhile, Rina and Eiji were cackling in the back.