4. Wisteria Heights

Photo Made with Bing AI

December 5th, 2014
7:59 AM

Maplewood Grove, Beacon Hills, Oregon

   Stiles woke up to an 8 and 7-year-old boy playing video games, he was sleeping in the living room of his boss's suburban home. He didn't understand what spooked Xavier so much and he didn't quite believe Xavier knew either.

   Stiles got up and made his way to the kitchen, "Hey Miecie, sorry did the boys wake you up?" Mia asked looking up from the table where she drinks her morning coffee.

   "Oh, it's okay... I am sorry, My Nana is wiring me some money so I can put a down payment on a new place... I don't know why Xavier is acting like this,"

   "It's his intuition, it's best not to go against it. It must be pretty bad, I haven't seen him act like this in a long time." She smiled at Stiles.

   "Is he at the office?"

   "Yes, he is, he told me to make sure you didn't come in today, he said you need to rest," Mia said flipping the page of the newspaper, 'probably pile driving that ginger slut', she thought at Stiles and quickly busied himself.

   "Well, too bad... I'm going to go in anyway, I have been off for several days already," Stiles mumbled.

   "Suit yourself, honey," Mia shrugged.

   "Um... Mia, who is Richie?" Stiles asked and Mia froze looking up at him, "Sorry... I don't mean to pry," Stiles sighed.

   "Where did you hear his name?" Mia asked and remembered something, "You're a halfling right, you can read minds?" She said and Stiles looked down. "You do remind him of Richie, he said it before, he just doesn't talk about him much I was just surprised."

   "So... who is he?" Stiles raised an eyebrow and Mia made a face.

   "You should ask X that,"

   "I have..." Stiles said stepping toward her, he was that suspicious before, but he was now.

   "Oh, would you look at that... I need to water the plants!" Mia said and Stiles focused on her thoughts, 'Thinkthinkthinkthinkthinkthinkthink,'

   "Hey..." Stiles sighed and grabbed her wrist deciding to drop it, "You and Xavier have done so much for me," Stiles said and looked down, he felt awful for keeping Xavier's secret from Mia... but he couldn't just outright see that Xavier was being unfaithful. "You... um, just, A woman's intuition is never wrong," Stiles said and Mia nodded.

   "Thank you, honey... I am not going to have you choose between us," Mia hugged him.

   "I'm going to go out and see if I can find a hotel in a better part of town so Xavier stops having a hissy fit,"