7. Aching for XXX

December 18th, 2014
9:51 AM

Wisteria Heights, Beacon Hills, Oregon

   "So, your intuition was correct again," Scott said as they brought some boxes from Derek's truck. Stiles had brought a lot of things from Manhattan and put many things in a storage facility. Derek went with Scott last night to pack up Stiles' things.

   "What was he right about?" Stiles asked, pouting from the living room because the guys weren't letting him help bring stuff in.

   "Devil Worshipers,"

   "Huh?"

   "Your direct neighbors back at your old place, they were all devil worshipers," Scott said.

   "So... I lived across from a Magister of a Church of Satan back in Manhattan," Stiles said, and the three looked at him like he was insane. What? He was nice... his wife made delicious pho rolls.

   "This didn't feel just like devil worshipers. It was supernatural,"

   "They could be some demons or witches," Derek said.

   "But it felt like they were going to harm Stiles," Xavier gasped. He ran into the kitchen, got a bowl, and poured water into it, saying a blessing. He grabbed an egg from the crisper and handed it to Stiles.

   "What do you want me to do with this? I don't have oil or butter to cook it."

   "Crack it in the bowl! You could be cursed if it were a witch," Xavier said, and Stiles rolled his eyes, "Just do it, Baby Doll," he said, and Stiles groaned, cracking it in the bowl.

   "Great, you wasted a perfectly good egg," Stiles said, and Xavier physically calmed down.

   "It would have been bloody if you were cursed," Xavier said, and Stiles pursed his lips, walking away, "Nuh-uh," he said, grabbing Stiles by the waist and turning him to the living room as he was trying to go out and fetch some of his things.

   Stiles looked around the house—it was all wrong. The bank had renovated the house to make it more appealing to buyers. They also painted the wood walls and tore up the carpet floors. The living room was this heinous orange color. Stiles remembers going to the paint counter at the hardware store in town and making a custom shade of blue.

   The kitchen had tile on the walls and was all grey. Stiles' old room was turned into a library/office. The old office room was turned into a half bath. The dining room wall had been demolished to give it an open concept. The nursery was turned into a half bedroom, and the guest bedroom in the master bedroom was turned into a bathroom/walk-in closet.

   "Mommy would have had a heart attack if she knew what they did to her house," Stiles said, crossing his arms.

   At least the master bedroom was unrecognizable, so it wasn't so scary for Stiles to be in... but he was going to get all the office shit out of his room and make it back into the bedroom. He started looking through Pantone colors to find a blue similar to what used to be in the living room.