6. Are Dragons Pigs?

December 8th, 2014
5:05 AM

Enchanting Pines Lodging, Beacon Heights, Oregon

   "Wake up!" Stiles said for the fifth time at Xavier, who was sleeping on the hotel room couch.

   "Five more minutes..." Xavier whined as if it was his weekend. Stiles filled a cup of water and splashed it in his face. The man shot up in defensive mode, unsure of what had just happened until he looked down at a giggling Stiles with an empty mug.

   "Morning, Wet Dick," Derek smirked at Xavier.

   "Oh, right... We are helping that fucking Dragon today..." Xavier muttered, smelling bacon. Stiles walked back, flipping the hotcakes and bacon. "Why didn't you just order room service?"

   "Because their eggs taste like rubber, why do you think I asked for a room with a kitchenette?" Stiles said as if it were obvious. Xavier reached for some bacon on the paper towel, and Stiles slapped his hand with a spatula. "This is for hiking. This is going to take all day," Stiles muttered, reaching into the microwave and handing Xavier his plate. "You are insufferable in the mornings," Stiles muttered as Xavier looked at him confused.

   "Hey..." Xavier said, watching Stiles make a plate from the bacon he had just swatted for. He gave it to Derek.

   "Hurry up and scarf it down. You made us late," Stiles said, putting the rest in Tupperware. "Do you think that's a good plan, Derek?" Stiles asked as Derek set aside Stiles's laptop.

   "What?" Xavier asked.

   "I did some research on some supernatural forums, and it said that Dragons like to hibernate in mountain or volcano caves," Stiles explained. "If what Contessa said was true and her father had been hibernating for over a hundred years, then he would have liked the caves in Mount Silverpine or Mount Emberstone. They are both inactive volcanoes that last erupted 105 years ago."

   "Honestly, Hon, I wasn't aware there were volcanoes in Beacon County, so I'm unsure if we can start there. He must be pretty hidden if his daughter can't find him. Dragons have in-tune bonds with each other." Derek said.

   "How do you know this is accurate?" Xavier looked at the website himself.

   "It's the dark web, not the surface web, so it is more likely accurate," Stiles shrugged, "I forgot to ask you... Yesterday, you said something about Contessa asking the county's grand alpha if she can stay."

   "Yeah, Smaller towns and countries have an alpha. It's like the mayor of the supernatural world," Xavier shrugged.

   "But I didn't do that? am I going to get in trouble?" Stiles asked, and the two of them chuckled.

   "I am sure I can talk with him. You won't be in trouble," Derek said, and Stiles raised an eyebrow, "I am the Grand Alpha, dear,"

   "Oh..." Stiles said, surprised, before shaking it off, "Come on, let's go Dragon hunting,"