Chapter 6

3rd person P.O.V

Savage quickly jumped though the portal, radiating a blood red light onto the ground. The small brown squirrel looked around the alleyway, scraps of old news papers and trash scattered on the concrete. "Phew..." The god's ears dropped and his heart felt like it was in his stomach, aching with every thought that seemed to cross his mind.

"I can't believe my plan failed." The portal slowly closed behind him as Savage jumped up on the stairways placed on the side of the building bricks. The squirrel pushed himself through the window, as he did almost every day, his body getting stuck in the opening for a moment. "Oof!" Savage groaned to himself and grabbed onto the walls, soon popping into the resistance base.

The young squirrel fell onto his behind with a thud, falling back against the wall. Savage quickly looked up, his eyes opening before getting wide. Everyone stood above of him, looking down in disappointment. Tails was standing in the back, his expression much more soft as Marine was held behind Blaze, worried for Savage with her ears pressed on her head. The squirrel smiled up at Lavender and the others, chuckling nervously. "Hi."

--

Savage fell back into his chair, nearly topping over before a bright, blinding, light was shined in his face. "Where have you been?!" Lavender roared, holding a lamp on the table by Savage as he covered his sight. "Can you NOT treat this like an interrogation?" The squirrel scoffed quietly and rolled his eyes. "This IS an interrogation!! Where were you all day!?"

"I-... It was just at-...I mean...." Savage chuckled nervously, placing his hands on the side of the chair as he rocked back and forth, avoiding the subject, "...How'd you get rid of the plates?" "Me and Lavender had some target practice." Shadow cut in as he walked through the door, holding a large duffle bag that sounded like it had a bunch of broken plates. "Heh heh...Right." Savage spoke nervously, his voice getting squeaky, his eyes darting around the room for a way to escape.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, was there. Lavender, of course, was at the opposite side of the table with her lamp, Shadow had just walked in, Knuckles and Amy were standing on either side of Lavender, Silver, Rouge, and Blaze were right behind them with Marine standing behind Blaze's leg, Jack was sitting in the corner, Sally and Tails were standing off to the side not wanting to intervein with Lavender's anger, and Sonic was in the center of the 'interrogation squad' throwing a fit over not being able to talk.

Speaking of Sonic, he was tossing his arms around with his lips practically glued together by magic, muffled screaming coming from his mouth area. "AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO SONIC?!" Amy nearly shouted from the top of her lungs, Savage's ears going flat from the loud noise. "He's FINE." Savage remarked, quick to snap his fingers behind his back to undo the magic.

Sonic's lips suddenly flew open and his tongue hung out. The blue hedgehog's eyes grew wide and he blew and raspberry, chuckling and putting his hands on his hips. "Finally!" "...Are you sure we wanted him to be able to speak again?" Shadow questioned sarcastically, Amy, Rouge, and Blaze quickly snapped their heads in his direction with deathly glares. The ebony hedgehog just shrugged and chucked the bag of broken plates onto a stack of boxes, shattering even more on impact.

The small squirrel's ears pushed themselves tighter on his head, taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself. "....Why is Jack in the corner?" Savage asked jokingly. "I-" "He's grounded." Lavender snapped, shoving the light into Savage's face even more than before, "Now explain how you did all of that!" "Lavender, please-" "Not now, Sally!" Savage quickly smirked, hiding his worry and replacing it with sass. "A magician never reveals his secrets, sister."

Lavender growled and slammed the lamp onto the table, walking away from it in frustration. Savage smiled at how easily he was able to piss her off, lifting his feet onto the small stand and knocking down the light. "Can I get a sandwich?" The squirrel asked in a light hearted tone. The black dog stopped in place and snapped her head towards him, glaring with rage.

--

The door to Savage's door was quickly shut loudly, leaving the small squirrel in there all by himself as he stood by the door. "Ok, ok!! No sandwich!! I won't ask again!!" The brown squirrel called out and rolled his eyes, he was definitely in a heap of trouble now. Savage groaned and plopped onto the lower bunk of his bed, burring his muzzle into his pillow.

He peaked out from his cushion and raised his arm, taking a sniff before sitting up in one swift motion. "Damn I stink!" Savage said to himself, the moonlight from outside gleaming in though his window and onto his dresser whilst he was distracted. "I really need a dust bath... And a bit of Rouge's perfume again. I'll just steal it like always. It's not like I care about being in trouble, they can all suck it."

Savage took a long pause before sighing heavily, holding his knees to his chest. "Why even bother?... No one in their right mind would care about me, I'm cursed to be alone anyways..." He slowly raised his hand, staring at it intensely, his whole body trembling slightly.

"I-..." He cut himself off, a lump growing in the god's throat. It was still such a weird thing to think about... &-

'I'm a god...'

The small boy looked up, his eyes glistening in the moon light as a small rose caught his gaze. The squirrel barely blinked, not taking his eyes off of the flower. His pillow was knocked to the ground as he slowly leaned off of his bed, stepping towards the windowsill like he was sleep walking, in a complete trance.

Slowly reaching out his hand, he stopped in front of his dresser, his fingers not even an inch away from the rose's petals. Savage took a deep breath, making a silent wish as he made contact with the plant... It withering away as soon as he touched it, turning to ashes before his very eyes.

Savage's ears started to ring, his hand shaking uncontrollably, his head ached more than his heart at that moment. "AHHH!!!" He screamed out in pain, gripping both hands onto his head, "GET. OUT!!!" The squirrel fell to his knees, tears forming in his eyes as they turned to blood as soon as they touched his skin, a burning sensation echoing through his head.

His hands pulled at his fur before he punched right through the wall, his hand weak from the wall after leaving a large hole. The squirrel laughed insanely, his laughter sending a chill down his spine, getting more crazy by the passing second. Savage's eyes glowed a bright ruby red, his face stained with tears of blood, growing more and more psychotic as his hysterics bounced off the walls. "Heh heh....hahahahaha HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

--

It was the next morning, Gow sat in the living room of Sonic's home watching TV since he had to run to the store. The wolf leaned back in her seat, groaning a bit from discomfort and shifting positions a couple times. "I already slept for over twelve hours, why can't I just relax!?" Gow sighed, her stomach growling noisily.

"Hm?" The mortal looked down and soon chuckled, setting down the remote in her hand and standing up from the couch, walking into the kitchen with her eyes shut peacefully. Gow made her way over to the counter-tops and stood up on her tippy toes, reaching up into the cabinets for food.

A hand was placed over Gow's mouth, her eyes opening wide as she let out a muffled squeak. Ashtyn grabbed onto her arms, holding her in place as she stood still from the shock. The wolf moved his lips next to her ear, his breath up against her. "Your boyfriend has a bad habit of leaving things unlocked~"