Chapter 8

John's P.O.V

I raced up a flight of stairs in T.U.G HQ. Why? Because my sister hasn't come home since yesterday!! And we're always notified when she has to do overnight missions... it's so quiet when she's not barging into my room, y'know?

My foot steps echoed loudly as I stomped. "Where did she run off to!? Mom didn't say she was going on some crazy long mission again- WHAT IF SHE GOT KIDNAPPED!? OR WORSE?!!?" I groaned loudly and threw my hands in the air, stopping on the stairway.

"I really should have gotten Crystal to come with me, she knows this place like the back of her... water... hand... THING!!!" I to be honest was panicking, my sister was missing, I could barely find my way around this place, and worst of all I skipped breakfast!! The horror!!

I slapped my forehead to try and focus, only making me lose balance and fall on one of the steps. "REALLY!?!?" I shouted, smoke coming out of my nose, "This day. Is. Not. Going. WELL!!!" After letting out a bit of rage I jumped up and grabbed onto the railing, scaling my way up the stairwell a bit. I swiftly found a place to stop, there didn't seem to be an end or beginning to this building, the stairs just kept going and going and going, I could feel myself getting dizzy.

The only thing around me I could find was a bright red door, which I did NOT hesitate to dash over and open without a second thought. But what was on the other side I did not expect... As soon as I flung open the door, a portal appeared in the halls on the other side, a brown squirrel that looked about my age stepping out. He had a shade of brown fur, a bit on the side of his face, red boots and gloves on his hands and feet, two emerald eyes that shined in the light, and the most shocking thing... I could see a bit of blood in his fur. The more I stared the more I found myself... BLUSHING!?

I quickly slammed the door shut and hid behind the wall. He didn't see me, he didn't see me, he did NOT see me!! No, no, impossible, he was too busy swooping his hair back attractively to notice me- WHAT AM I THINKING!?!? I'M STRAIGHT!!! RIGHT?! RIGHT?!?!

My heart was pounding out of my chest, my ears felt like there were on fire, I could feel my cheeks turning red my the moment. What was this...feeling? That guy was- well a guy, but he looked my age. People my age couldn't work here, at least I didn't think so. I didn't even know who that squirrel was... but he looked cute. Like really cute, but I'm totally straight though. Straight as a ruler. Straighter, in fact. yEp.

Ok, ok, deep breaths... I let out a deep sigh and built up my courage, slowly opening up the door and stepping inside...

Savage's P.O.V

I had just helped deal with Egghead when I got called into T.U.G HQ. I had to sneak away from the group and find a private area to open a portal to Heaven, but I got away with it smoothly.

I walked through and slid my hands on my head, pulling my hair back while closing the portal. I'm already a natural at that. What does she need me for NOW?? I thought to myself until I saw a figure in the corner... I think it was someone MY age? But no one my age actually WORKS here, right?

They barged through the door before closing it again and my curiosity got the best of me as I advanced near the door. I was about to re-open it, but the door almost hit me in the face. Good thing I dodged it. But I still butted noses with the kid in front of me.

I looked at him, a little annoyance in my expression, but also curiosity. It was a wolf boy... he had lighter brown fur than me. It looked like... chocolate milk, I guess? He was blushing... I guess. "O-Oh! Um- hi..." He chuckled a little nervously. "I wasn't aware someone my age worked here." We both said in unison, shocking the other.

I leaned forward with my hand on my chin, inspecting the light colored wolf. I looked him up and down. "Qu'est-ce que tu es censé être, un bébé?" I say to myself, expecting him to not know French.