Chapter 2

(Angel's POV)
He's in town.
Well he obviously lives here.
What if he wants to take her.
I won't let him.
She's mine now.
If he wants to see her he can but he won't take her as long as I'm alive.
I then notice we're home.
I park in my usual spot and get out of the car. I go over to Ellie's side.
"Come on baby girl we're here." I say carrying her.
When I go in I am shocked at who's sitting on the couch.
I gulp.
"M..M..Mason." I stutter.
He looks at me and his eyes widen when he notices Ellie.
"Is that baby yours?!" He asks in anger. He stands up and comes closer.
Delilah comes and takes Ellie.
"Mason." I sigh and hug him but he doesn't hug me back. I notice his hands are in fists.
I back away and frown.
"Is. That. Baby. Yours." He states angrier.
"Biologically no. Anything else yes." I say and tell him the story of how I got her.
"Mason I am so so so sorry for what I've done before. You were my only family left. I needed you to always stay with me. I didn't know that I was ruining your life. I'm so sorry. Can you please stay?" I plead and hug him. This time he hugs me back.
Mason is my older cousin who I pushed to leaving. Unintentionally of course.
We are so close he lived with us after mom's death. I consider him my older brother.
"Angel, I forgive you I know you didn't mean it. But I can't stay." He says and I back away from the hug and sit on the couch and hug my knees.
"But I've changed Mason. I have." I start tearing up.
"Ellie has changed me. I'm responsible, patient, I'm a mother. I won't interfere with your life. I have my own. I just need some family with me. Yeah, Ellie and Delilah are family but I need my real family. People from my flesh and blood. I need you to stay Mason." I cry.
"Hey. Hey. Angel, it isn't your fault. I know you've changed. Raising a kid changes you. I know that. It's not your fault I can't stay. I can't stay because I have a family of my own now. I'm married Angel. And I have a little Angel of my own."
"What?" I mean to ask but I comes out as a low croak.
"Yes. I have my own family to take care of. If you want you can come live with us. Don't you want to know her name."
"No." I say.
How can he not tell me he's married. And he has a kid.
"Why? You feel lonely here right. That's why I came. You feel lonely. Plus, I couldn't believe you dropped out of Senior year. You're 23 and not graduated. You need to go back."
That's why he came.
"That's why you came! No I didn't drop out of senior year. I just skipped it. And I have for 2 years. You know why. Because I love my daughter and I want to spend every single second of her babyhood with her not forced to stay in some dorm alone. Plus, if your visit is to convince me to go back and finish senior year then it's useless. I was already planning I'll go next year. So, if you're done here I need to go check on Ellie." I say and get up and start walking away.
"It's Angel."
What? What is he talking about?
"My daughter's name. It's Angel."
That makes me stop in my tracks and I almost fall on my face.
"Danielle, my wife, saw how much I missed you and we agreed to call her Angel." He says and I can hear his foot steps coming towards me.
"I'm honored but you didn't need to do that." I say and continue going upstairs slowly.
"Mama!!" I hear Ellie scream and she's crying. I find myself running as fast as I can.
I opened every door.
They're in my room.
I kick the door open and run to her.
I take her from Delilah's arms and into my own. Delilah then leaves the room.
"I'm here baby I'm here." I say and she starts to calm down.
I turn around and Mason is leaning by the door.
She wraps her tiny arms around my neck.
She lays her head on my shoulder. I keep turning my waist so that she calms down.
"Mama." She sobs a bit.
"What's wrong baby girl?" I say sitting on the edge of my bed and run my hand softly over her smooth soft black hair.
"Eh." She says pointing at Mason.
"What's wrong with Mason?" I ask.
"Mama cwy." She says and hugs me.
3 new words in one day.
"Huh?" Mason asks.
"Don't you understand? I thought you had a daughter. She said you made me cry so she's sad." I say.
"It's okay baby girl. This is my cousin. Mason. Can you say Mason." I say.
"Mm mm. Mama cwy." She says shaking her head.
I then kiss the top of my head.
She's all I could ever wish for.
"But I'm a good guy. And your basically my cousin." Mason says coming over.
She then shakes her head.
"I'm sorry." He says crouching down.
"Mm mm. Mama cwy." She says shaking her head.
I then giggle and turn her so her back is on my stomach and her head is on my chest.
"What can I do to make you like me?" Mason asks.
She then shakes her head and hits the closest part of him she can reach. Which was his head.
Then she laughs.
"You like hitting me?"
She nods.
She then looks at me and points at her stomach.
"You're hungry aren't you? I'm hungry too. Let's eat." I say and carry her and go down stairs. I place her in her feeding chair and push the chair next to my chair in the dining room.
The dining table was set with rice, chicken, and vegetables.
At breakfast I feed Ellie but lunch, dinner and snacks I let her practice feeding herself. But if she needs help I interfere.
I cut her chicken into small cubes and put the plate on her little table. Next to the plate there's a plastic spoon and fork.
Mason sits across from me and Delilah at the end of the table.
Delilah mixes some rice and vegetables for Ellie but keeps it with me.
I cut a piece of chicken and begin eating it. I glance at Ellie and she's picking her chicken with her fingers and eating it.
"Angel, don't you have anything to say to Mason." Delilah says.
What?
"No." I say.
"Are you sure?" Delilah asks and I look at her with one eyebrow raised.
"Like, apologizing." She continues.
"For....?" I ask.
"Pushing him away out of the house." She says.
WTF!
"How dare you say that Delilah?!" I say standing up with wide eyes.
"Yeah, I messed up a few times which might have pushed him to leave but it's his choice." I say still standing up. Ellie and Mason were just watching us. I then sit down again.
"But Mason and I talked it over and you were being clingy and bitchy. He loves you and he deserved happiness." She says.
"Are you freaking kidding me?! I deserve happiness too! After all I've been through! Dad dying before I even came into this world! Mom dying when I was two from freaking Cancer! Then finding out that I have cancer! Every boyfriend breaking up with me after he pushes them away because he thinks they're 'using me'! I haven't went out on a date in 5 years! If he deserves happiness, then what do I deserve? What has he suffered from? His parents are both alive and in amazing health! He doesn't have someone pushing all people interested in you away! He doesn't have a freaking disease that prevents him from giving birth! Why does he get to have a perfect life and I don't! If he loves me so much then why didn't he at least call! Or tell me that he's married! Just leaving me feeling guilty all these 4 years! You know what! I'm glad that I pushed you away! If hadn't have done that, Ellie wouldn't be here! So, don't tell me that I should freaking apologize!" I yell.
I then take Ellie's plates and Ellie. I go up to my room and slam the door and lock it.
"I'm sorry for yelling baby girl." I say as I sit on my desk with her on my lap.
She has finished most of her chicken so I start feeding her the rice and vegetables.
She doesn't know how to use utensils yet.
Then someone knocks on the door.
"Go away!" I say.
"It's me." I hear Mason say.
"Doesn't really help. Go away." I say.
"I just want to say good bye. I'm going back."
"It's not like you said it the first time you left." I say and with that he leaves.
I put Ellie with her blocks and look out the window.
Mason unlocks his car and looks at my window but I hide so that he can't see me. He gets in the car and leaves.
I feel something pulling on my sundress. I look down and it's Ellie.
"What do you want baby?" I ask and bend down and carried her.
"Eh." She says pointing at my speakers.
"You want to listen to music?"
She then nods.
"How about you listen to mommy sing?"
Have I mentioned that I play the piano and the guitar. I also sing but just to myself.
She then claps.
"I'll take that as a yes." I laugh.
I unlock the door and walk down the hallway to the music room.
I open the door and enter.
I place Ellie on the couch at the end of the room and gather up all the sheet music.
"So, Ellie. Sleeping With Sirens, One Direction, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, Me, Melanie Martinez, and the list goes on and on. Who do I sing for?"
"Mama!" She says then adds a few baby sounds.
"OK then." I say and look for one of my songs.
"So, I think I'll sing wild heart." I say grabbing my guitar.
I've memorized all of my songs so I don't need the sheet.
I start playing.
( I was born restless yeah I'm born to run
Got a red guitar and a smoking gun
And I don't know where I'm going but I'm going somewhere
Long gone baby, gone
I don't know what I'm doing but I know I don't care
Oh Oh Oh

I got a Wild Heart and it's wide open
Wild Hearts can't be broken
Can't stop a Wild Heart when it's going
Wild Hearts can't be broken
Wild Heart
I got a wild heart
Wild Hearts can't be broken

Gonna live reckless, gonna watch it blow
Gonna go big 'cause I ain't going home
And I don't know where I'm going but I'm going somewhere
Long gone baby, gone
And I don't know what I'm doing but I know I don't care

I got a Wild Heart and it's wide open
Wild Hearts can't be broken
Can't stop a Wild Heart when it's going
Wild Hearts can't be broken
Wild heart
I got a wild heart
Wild Hearts can't be broken

Tonight we're gonna light this city alright
Tonight we're gonna rock this city
Gonna rock this city

I got a Wild Heart and it's wide open
I got, I got, I got, I got

I got a Wild Heart and it's wide open
Wild Hearts can't be broken
Can't stop a Wild Heart when it's going
Wild Hearts can't be broken
I got a Wild Heart and it's wide open
Wild Hearts can't be broken
Can't stop a Wild Heart when it's going
Wild Hearts can't be broken
Wild heart
I got a wild heart
Wild Hearts can't be broken
I got a wild heart
Wild Hearts can't be broken)
Ellie claps and makes a few baby noises.
"You liked it huh?" I say as I went to her.
She nods and claps laughing as I sit down next to her.
"Let's get you to the bathroom."
I've started potty training her and she's been very responsive.
I carry her and go to the bathroom.
I place her on the ground and she stands up but puts support on my shoulders.
She's been running late on talking and walking.
Or maybe I'm the one who walked early. I walked when I was 11 months. But I've read somewhere that a baby starts walking at 1 year or something. But every baby needs time.
I pull up her dress and she uses one arm to hold it up. I take off her diaper and she hasn't peed or pooped.
"Good girl." I say and kiss her forehead.
I help her sit on the seat after putting the baby toilet seat thing. She sits and I turn my back and look in the bathroom mirror.
I fix my make up.
"Mama." Ellie says.
Every time she calls me mama I feel butterflies in my stomach.
I turn around and crouch down.
I clean her up and put her another diaper.
I think I'll get her panties soon.
"Come on." I say and go to my room to find Mason laying on my bed. Face buried in the pillow.
"I thought you left?" I say putting Ellie on her mat that's filled with toys and sit next to her.
My back is to the bed so I can't see him. The bedroom door is suddenly closed and locked.
Hands are inserted under my arms and I'm pulled up. I turn around to face him but regret it. We're so close I can feel his breath on my lips.
I can smell alcohol.
"Mason, are you drunk?" I ask. Suddenly I'm cornered.
Ellie gasps and looks at me with fear.
"Ellie I'm OK baby just don't look at me." I say trying to be as calm as I can be.
She obliges and turns around.
Mason takes a lock of my hair and smells it.
"I've missed this smell." He says.
"Mason what are you doing?" I ask and he kisses my shoulder.
I try pushing him away but he's too strong.
"Wanna know why I pushed everyone away from you?" He says ams kisses my shoulder again.
"Because." He says and kisses his way up my neck and along my jaw line. When he reaches my chin he stops and looks at me.
"Because I wanted you all to myself." He says.
I gulp.
He then kisses me.