Chapter 23

(Angel's POV)

I park the car and run to the door. I want to be the first thing she sees when she wakes up. I open the door and see Delilah in the kitchen.

"Angel!" She says with a huge smile.

"Hey." I say and hug her tightly.

"I missed you so much."

"Me too. Ellie's asleep, right."

"Yup."

I then run upstairs and open her door softly. I stand in front of her crib and watch her as she's asleep.

I have to fight really hard not to carry and her and crush her bones in an embrace.

"Ellie." I whisper slowly.

I reach in and take her hand in mine. She then moves her head before opening her eyes.

"MAMA!" She squeals.

I squeal before carrying her, hugging her, and spin around, tightening my arms around her little body.

"I missed you so much." I say.

"I wove you, Mama." She says, tightening her little arms around my neck.

"I love you more than anything, baby girl." I say as tears start to fill up my eyes.

I hear the shutter of a camera and turn around to see Delilah taking a photo with my instant Polaroid camera.

"Oh, I wish I could never leave you, Ellie." I say.

"Mama? You weave again?" She asks, pulling back and looking at me.

"I have two weeks with you, honey. Then, I have to go back. But, after that, I will come back again in Spring Break. Also, I will have two weeks. Then, I will go back and come here again in the Summer Vacation. After that, I will never have to leave you, baby." I say, putting her down.

"Pwomise?"

"I cross my heart and hope to die."

"I don't know what you said, but ok."

"You grew up so fast, baby. Look at how many new words you learned. You can form statements. I am so proud of you."

She smiles and hugs my legs tightly.

"Come on. Get dressed. We are gonna have breakfast at the grill." I say.

"Yay!" My little bundle of sunshine squeals.

"You too, Delilah." I say before going to my room to get dressed.

"Wait." Delilah says as I close my bedroom door.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Don't you wanna wear the same thing?" She asks.

"Ask her, if she doesn't want, it's ok."

She nods and leaves.

I sigh as I untie my hair from its ponytail and take out my phone to text Damon. Just as I was about to hit send, he calls.

"Would you believe me if I say I was just hitting send?!" I chuckle.

"Aww. Is Simms missing me already?" He asks.

"Let's not forget the fact that you're the one who called."

"True. I have to admit. You're always on my mind."

"Mmmmm? I wonder, what am I doing in your thoughts?"

"Well, you are currently taking of your top."