Get Used To It, 'Teammate'

[ ALSO ON AO3 ]

Bowie has eyes on Wayne and Raj, the duo already formed prior to the season. Something was up about them and so challenged that, not knowing one of them felt different.

OR ..

What If: Wayne and Raj are antagonists

________________________________________________

Bowie eyed them carefully. Two hockey jocks who didn't seem too keen on being nice to others, he'd literally seen them insult the other team seconds after they stepped off of the boat here.

After everyone else grabbed their stuff and placed it in their cabins, he spotted the two bunking with each other.

"Our team has some real hotties!" A blonde one said, followed by the other one placing his stuff down and nodding.

"For sure, eh?" He took some time to examine the two. They both wore hockey jerseys on, a snowy owl printed on the front allocated with light blues and some yellow. The blonde had a 'C' and number '17' imprinted on his one whereas the other had an 'A' and '8'. Being completely honest, Bowie didn't know - or care - about hockey at all, he just knew you skate on some ice and score goals with a puck. From a distance, they could seem welcoming and inviting but he knew people who stuck to each other like this could quite easily spread gossip. His school was not necessarily the nicest place, especially having to put up with that bitch Betsy McMasters, ugh don't even. He flung his bag off of his shoulder and threw it near the side of a bed from the doorway while the other two looked at him.

"Ok, if you're gonna talk about me, I'll give you some privacy." Bowie pointed at them and was about to walk away when one stopped him.

"Oh, you wish!" He turned around and saw the one on the floor cross his arms like a know-it-all.

"Hmm.. yeah- I don't think wish is a strong enough word, jockstrap." Bowie tapped his chin as the other one's smirk faded, but rather reflected in his eyes. The way he stood in the doorway was honestly quite empowering, "I know you guys will ultimately give in."

The hockey bros exchanged glances, before the one with the red cap slid off of his bunk and next to his friend. They looked at each other again, before he walked up to Bowie and gave him his hand.

"The name's Wayne, teammate." He grinned, and Bowie took his hand and shook it, the other hockey bro walking to him as Wayne walked outside past him.

"And I'm Raj, party boy." Raj gave him a half lidded look, menacing and intimidating but also.. Charming? Bowie took his hand and squeezed it tight before pulling him close to him and smirked.

"Well then, Raj, I'm Bowie." He spoke, just above a whisper as Raj's eyes slightly widened, "You'll remember me as your biggest enemy though, get used to it," He saw the way Raj looked at him, his deep brown eyes inviting him into a crackling, scorching fire that had been set inside of him, "...teammate." He'd whispered into Raj's ear before dropping his hand and walking away to find Emma.

Raj just stood there, what the hell? It hadn't even been, like, 10 minutes and someone is already out to get him! Well, maybe not like that. If he was being honest, he already liked this guy's energy. He hadn't seen the guy's introduction, so he had nothing to say about or to him, only that the other could spark conversation. Speaking of a spark.. What was that about? Nobody had ever talked back to him like that without Raj saying something backhanded to defend himself and humiliate the other, he's just relieved Wayne didn't see how he froze and let him walk away. Not like Wayne could care, he just never reacted that way. Huh, odd. Maybe if he found a way to side with him, he could figure out what it was. I mean.. He never said it was a bad feeling.