Chapter #5

Duvessa

I honestly didn't expect university to be anything compared to the fast-paced environment of my past life. Because that's how it feels now, I've only been here a couple days and already I feel like I've stepped into someone else's life. The classes are easy so far, more people are welcoming than not, and the professors pretty much leave me alone so far. It's quick paced, and there is a lot of information to gather, each night, I've gone to sleep with my brain so befuddled by so much information all I can do is crash. Nothing at all like the adrenaline rush of my everyday life, never knowing what I will do next. Now everything is scheduled, and I can't seem to jot enough notes to the point I often have a hand cramp. Who would have thought I'd go from living on the streets to dorming on a university campus. Life is a wild ride.

Now that it's finally halfway through my first week, I am starting to feel more settled in, although it helps with Balor leading the way everywhere. The food isn't too bad here either, which is a relief. We eat most meals in the dining hall, which, oddly enough, that Samantha girl has had a way of showing up at the exact time we eat. I think she has a thing for Balor, I wonder how she will feel when she finds out he's asexual. Dumbass, she shouldn't just make assumptions about people. That Kevin guy, the gossip, has made a habit of sitting beside me in my first class of the day. Although he rarely speaks during class it's hard to get him to shut up afterward. He's already invited me to some big football game this Friday, which I told him I'd think about. I don't want him thinking I'm eager to hang out with him or anything, but it has been a while since I've had a decent one night stand. So I am considering it. We just had to escape his incessant chattering as we head across campus toward our second class of the day. Honestly, I want to skip class today, I'm absolutely starving, and I barely slept last night. The only way Balor got me out of bed this morning was with the promise that I could sleep all day tomorrow, and he wouldn't show his face to disturb me until dinner. That is a deal I can't pass up. I never get alone time, and personally, it sounds like a great day to do some self care. My stomach groans in protest as if to remind me of the lack of self care I've been doing lately, in all areas. Just one more class and I can go to lunch. That's what I keep reminding myself as I follow Balor inside the building. This will be our first class here, but he seems to know where he's going, so I don't bother to ask. I've always been shit with directions. Students mill about on all sides, each heading to different destinations, as we finally reach the classroom.

Thankfully, we aren't late to this class, it's a first impression I seem to be making a lot lately, and I am able to spot 2 seats in the second to back row. Obviously, these seats are highly valued in this class because the farthest seats are filling up the quickest. The professor must spit when he talks or something. Pushing our way through the throng of students, it seems like forever before we finally get to the spots, and miraculously, they're still available. Which is kind of odd, as it takes forever for enough space in a crowd to be made available for Balor to move anywhere, being huge really does have its disadvantages. Breathing a sigh of relief as I reach my intended chair, I'm just glad I made it in time. I don't want to be sitting up front with all the teachers' pets.

I reach out my hand for the back of my chair, just as my fingertips brush the hard wood it's yanked out of my reach, pulled backward to presumably grant me access to the seat. Honestly, the suddenness of the movement surprises me, and I jerk back. Nearly jumping out of my skin, because why the fuck does a chair move by itself. My eyes give a quick scan  of the chair until I catch sight of the large foot hooked around one of the back legs. Glancing up, the man attached to the foot is staring at me with dark black sunglasses on. What the hell? Why is he wearing sunglasses indoors? He seems tall enough, even though he's sitting down, he has a large build with thick shoulders. Hes wearing a black tshirt that highlights his muscular biceps, especially with his arms crossed in front of his chest the way he has them. His shaggy black hair falls down just over his black glasses, over his olive complexion. Sharp jawline, pouty lush lips that tugged down at the sides. Honestly, in any other scenario, he'd be gorgeous. I open my mouth to say something, just as the door slams behind me.