The First Day

Chapter 1: The first Week

"Fuck me" I curse to myself. I wake up to the chirping sounds coming from outside as I slightly tilt my head towards the window. There's a couple of birds perched on a branch nearby along with a nest filled with newborns chirping. My paw lifts up to cover my eyes, shading them from the sunlight that was seaping through the cracks of my blinds. "I knew I should have fully closed them last night." I say. This is what I get for not following my gut. I look around and find my alarm clock sitting on the far corner of my room; it's on my desk and it reads 7:36am. I lay back down on my matress feeling myself seep back into it, slumber beckoning me over. I feel my eyelids droop and become heavy as I feel myself being lulled back into slumber.

**BAM**

I'm jolt back awake when I hear a sudden loud noise coming from downstairs. I try ignoring it will all my might, but to no avail, I am already fully awake. I let out a yawn as I cover it with my paw. My nose twitches as I manage to smell my breathe. "Fuck..It smells nasty" I say to myself. I let out a frustrated groan before slipping out of bed and stretching my back. It cracks and pops in a few places and letting out a satisfied groan. I lay on the floor for a few minutes and stretch my legs out and arms. God knows how much I needed that after neglecting them for a good 2 months and a half.

Summer vacation is finally over and today is the day I go back to school begrudgingly. I was so used to sleeping in till noon and lazying around the house till 4 in the morning. It felt unnatural having to sleep in early last night, but rules are rules. That's what mom said anyway.

Speaking of mom, I wonder what was that loud noise from earlier. I hope she's not going at it again and cooking something god awful. Maybe that was a little insensitive, though usually dad does do the cooking and he's pretty good at it. Better than I am anyway.

I snap out of my whirl of thoughts and head towards the bathroom. Opening the door, I feel a warm breeze running through my fur. I must've left the window open last night. Looking around the bathroom for my toothbrush, but instead I end up ogling at the room. The walls are litered in white marbled tiles while the floor im standing on is wood. I'm not sure what kind of wood it is, but when we moved here in May they assured us the wood wouldn't rot from water damage. In which, I'm glad for. I am a little clumsy when it comes to these things. "Eheh.." I chuckle to myself thinking about some of my embarassing moments. With my ogling done, I look around to find my new sink and walk towards it. My paws patter agaisnt the wood making some sort of clack noise.

I grab my toothbrush out of it's casing and squeeze out a generous glob of toothpaste. It forms a white line and I prop it into my maw before brushing away at my canines. I hear the brushing and feel them going agaisnt my teeth. There's still a few pieces of spinach left stuck inbeteeen them from last night's dinner. Heres hoping I won't have to visit the dentist to check these guys out after neglecting them as well. I'm not sure if I'm ready to see their disappointed faces...scary. As my eyes trail across my set of canines, I finally get a good look at myself. I see infront of me a grey wolf with a white fur under muzzle that trails down his throat and his chest. There's a few stripes of brown over his eyelids that also contour his ears. Next to the white under muzzle includes black lines on each side. His eyes are the color of the sky. A radiant blue with hints of green closing in on the pupil, but is blocked off by a hint of yellow.

I look back down and spit out, rinsing it off in cold water. Removing my toothbrush out of my mouth and letting it rinse off under the cold water before setting it back in it's place. I change the temperature to luke warm and fill up a glass cup from nearby before taking a sip. I gargl it and letting it swish swosh inside of my mouth before ultimately spitting it back out into the sink : repeating the process a few times until i'm satisfied. I run my paw under the same water before whipping off any excess. I flick my hands towards the sink and test out my breathe once more. Better! Atleast I think so.