Chapter 10 - Leviathan

The horror descended upon the two, drooling down at them and standing at a height of 11 feet tall. It reeked of blood, gunk and slime. Its eyes had targets in them, bloodshot and bulging enough to pierce through one's very soul. It had long, lavender hair that was once a beautiful woman's defining feature and now becoming more of a lion's mane on a hulking monster. Lovecraftian in appearance, an eldritch horror that Vinnie and Trig could not erase from their minds for centuries. With one fell swoop, the creature clawed at vinnie with enough force to decapitate him or leave gashes that would split him from the nape to ankles. Time halted, Vinnie was breathing with urgency as he dodged out of the way and leaped at Trig to make him duck. Time resumed, his hunch was correct. A monstrous tail came whirling towards where Trig would have been with enough force to send him into orbit. Only one word could leave the terrified and trembling lips of what may have been the calmest person Trig had ever set his eyes upon.

"Run." He muttered, as they both sprinted for their lives. The titan seemed to taunt them, breathing heavily and drooling as it seemed to chuckle every now and then. It thrust itself upwards, propelling itself over to them with a force not even science could prove to be possible with such a form. Time stopped once again, this time Vinnie belched up a waterfall of blood from his mouth as he felt the adrenaline pumping. He shot his revolver at the mud-soaked leviathan, hoping to freeze it for a little while before running off with Trig some more and resuming time. Vinnie was clearly exhausted, he couldn't even muster the strength to walk anymore. Usually stopping the flow of time for this short amount of time would have cost him just a simple nosebleed, however the pressure the beast exerted onto him was too much for him to comprehend and caused his body to fight against him.

"I'VE GOT YOU, YOU'RE FINE!" Trig screamed, grabbing him by the wrist and urging him over. Vinnie couldn't make out anything he was saying, a ringing filled his ears as his world faded out. Trig was left alone now, carrying a dead weight. "YOU FUCKING-- YOU'RE GONNA BUY ME SO MANY DRINKS AFTER THIS!" Trig constructed an aeroplane underneath him, placing Vinnie on a seat next to him as the plane seemed to cough a little until it finally set off. It did not falter though, the creature was holding the plane back with its pure strength as it managed to get a hold of it.

"Nice... try." It mumbled, laughing manically in a distorted voice. Trig just watched in despair as his plane began to be dismantled, suddenly gaining a burst of determination as he pulled a yellow, sparking gun out of thin air.

"EAT SHIT!" He screamed before the creature took out a harpoon that was wedged in its side and hurled it at the plane. He hesitated, not knowing the risks, but he knew this is the only thing capable of saving them. He shot his gun, a giant supernova following as the plane blasted off with a harpoon wedged inside of its already broken interior, a rope trailing behind them. Trig grabbed the wheel, steering the plane into the right direction as he looked into a shattered mirror to witness the monster hanging on to the rope with an eye missing and it's body wounded. "YOU DIDNT LIKE THAT DID YA, HUH? HOW ABOUT ANOTHER?!" Trig foolishly pulled out his gun again, it snapped in two as he pulled the trigger. It could only withstand one blast, it needed time to fully recover. "Shit, shit, SHIT!" Trig panicked, the creature was slowly climbing up the rope. He knew if it were to get to him, he and Vinnie would be plummeting right into its domain and death would be completely certain. He shook Vinnie with all his might, witnessing the man's sore eyes slowly open as he wiped the buckets of blood from his mouth and shirt. "CUT THE ROPE, CUT THE ROPE!" Trig urged, passing him a rusty combat knife that looked like it could easily cut through flesh.

(Vinnie's revolver)