Chapter 4.5 Interesting Observations

Today I decided to go and visit the other classes. If my predictions about the true nature of this school are correct, then taking this early opportunity to learn what I can, will be incredibly valuable.

Going by myself would also be a mistake, I may choose to remain under the radar in the coming months so doing something like this alone could bring me unnecessary attention. Horikita or Shinomiya would be ideal. Horikita may not be as social, but she can certainly prove useful as a scapegoat for the success of Class 1-D if needed. That being said, Shinomiya is the more ideal choice. Her more social nature will take more focus off me, and she is far more likely to understand the real nature of our class visits and take action that benefits me. I should go with her if possible.

I looked over at Horikita as she packed her things. Now that class had ended, she would likely just go back to her room like she had done the past few days. The more I thought about it, going with Horikita didn't seem worth the trouble. I guess Shinomiya is the only option. If I want to progress with my other objective, then of course she is the best option. Getting her introduced to the other class leaders early will make the next part of my plan much easier.

I saw Shinomiya getting up to leave and realized that this would be my only chance to ask her.

I got up and met her by the classroom door. "Hey, Shinomiya, are you busy this afternoon?"

"No, not particularly. Why do you ask?" She replied.

"I was planning on visiting the other classes, and I was wondering if you would like to join?"

"Sure. I was actually thinking about doing that myself, and I don't mind the company."

This worked out well, if she was also planning on visiting the other classes maybe she is thinking the same thing as I am.

"I see. I asked Horikita if she wanted to go too, but she declined. I don't want to go by myself."

I lied about asking Horikita to cement that I did in fact want to go but not alone, but I wonder if she would have?

"I guess she has been unsocial as ever."

Maybe Shinomiya would have been willing to go alone after all. If so, her goal may be slightly different than mine. Interesting.

With that, my afternoon adventure had begun.

We first arrived at Class B and my first thought with each class was to find the students who stood out to me during the entrance ceremony. The girl with a cane from Class A, the blonde girl in Class B, and the guy with shoulder-length magenta hair from Class C. While I can't be certain that all three of them would be central figures in their respective classes, the probability was high.

The girl who I learned was named Honami Ichinose was very welcoming. I didn't get any inclination that she had discovered the truth regarding the S-System. I don't expect any of the other classes to have figured it out but it's important to be vigilant.

The students we met from Class B were certainly friendly, and their class seemed like it would be an easy group of people to be around. However, for someone without any social experience like me, that may not be the case.

It wasn't long until we left Class B and I happened to run into another person I was looking for. The guy with magenta hair. He introduced himself as Kakeru Ryuuen, and he was someone who I considered to be far more dangerous at this stage. The fact that his entire class was still here made me wonder if he held them after their teacher left to address them as a class. These were the actions of a class leader.

Actions like this could mean that class C has questions about how the school is set up. This is something that I will need to keep in mind. After entering the classroom something even more interesting happened. Shinomiya ran into a friend from her previous school.