Chapter Eighteen: Hyung

˚✧₊⁎❝᷀ົཽ≀ˍ̮ ❝᷀ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"Please take your seats," a young constable politely requested as he led the group of devastated parents to a conference room in the administrative block

"Please take your seats," a young constable politely requested as he led the group of devastated parents to a conference room in the administrative block. The parents lifelessly manoeuvred around the room and started occupying the rolling chairs in the room.

Many of the weeping couples huddled together like cocoons, using physical intimacy to seek some sort of comfort from their ailing partners. While the single parents, who were dealing with the agonising situation alone, could only hug themselves to seek comfort.

Taehyung, seated lifelessly in the conference room, finding himself to be alone. The numbing feeling brought a chilling reminder of his days in the orphanage. He was again left alone. He had forgotten the excruciating feeling after meeting Jimin and eventually leaving the orphanage. But the isolating feeling was back again and Taehyung wasn't feeling hospitable at all towards the familiar feeling.

"Here, have some water,"

His hollowing thoughts were cut short when a white paper cup was placed in front of him. Taehyung looked up and met the sorrowful gaze of Bogum. Bogum, right he wasn't technically alone. However, the hollowness in his heart and conscience would beg to differ.

The beta male fought a smile and Taehyung's heart twisted with guilt. The latter was trying so hard to be supportive while he too was fighting the same war, and here is his heart disregarding the efforts completely.

Seeing the tears filling the pretty omega's eyes, Bogum spoke, "Hey, don't be disheartened. The police will bring our kids back to us safely. I have my full faith in them."

Taehyung's eyes only swelled with more tears.

"Would you mind if I hug you?" Bogum asked, spreading his arms. His small glance at the couples around them hinted at the birth of such a request. Taehyung silently pulled his chair closer to Bogum and rested his head on the man's chest. Bogum was quick to wrap his arms around the omega's body. His heart relished the immediate relief aid. However, the unfair laws of the heart provided Taehyung with no sense of comfort. While he could hear Bogum's heartbeats relaxing due to the embrace, his were as erratic as ever.

At the cruel dichotomy, Taehyung closed his eyelids and let his tears free. However, he made no effort to break the embrace. At least one of them should be benefitted from this transaction.

The melancholic silence in the room was broken by the shriek of the wooden doors of the conference room. The shriek invited Officer Randolf and Shin inside. While the officers walked to the projector screen, the parents willed their attention to them.

Taking the podium, Officer Shin briefed. "I know the situation is unfortunate but we cannot lose hope. We have set up telephone recording and tapping equipment in this room and we request your consent for your phone conversations to be recorded and tapped. In case a ransom demand is made to any of you, we believe this would help us catch the kidnappers and save your children quickly. Officer Logan will be distributing the consent forms, I hope that you will sign them."