Chapter 2

"Who's that?" A freshmen whispered to his friend.

"Who knows."

"Is she the first placer?" The other guy shrugged. "How would I know it's my first time seeing her. We never even saw her at the welcoming ceremony. Do you think she's a senior?"

"She could be."

I can hear every whispers thrown across the hallway.  I can feel every eyes piercing through my body. If my debut was a bit earlier then everybody would have recognized me. I don't think any of the students attended my debut well it's not that I care. I think if nobody knows me for a while then they'll surely treat me differently until they find out who I am. That would be so much fun.

Dad complained how boring welcoming ceremonies are and advice me not to come. I'll take his word for it. I am not that fond of parties like I do back then. Because, now I will make sure I won't and will not make that damn same mistake again. I'll become stronger, strong enough to be able to defeat a demon lord. Because only then will I able to make sure I can protect my family. I wanted to protect them because I cannot do that before.

I've started learning magic at the age of 5 which is extremely unusual for kids that age. I hid it though, you don't know how my maid almost fainted when she saw me casting a water spell. Good thing she was sick that day so mom and dad brushed it off as her seeing things. They gave her an off day since they thought she is beginning to hallucinate and that they may endanger her if they continue to push her to work. She didn't want to at first until mom strictly forced her to rest. That's how loyal our employees are.

By the age of 8 I learned atleast 1 or 2 spells of all four elements. How is that possible? Because I'm an Cylphium Esper. Cylphium are magicians who can wield all four elements with another special element. My special element is light magic. It's lame if you ask me. Well, moving on during the entrance examination phase I passed the tests with barely any scratch. I got scratches because my magic is still uncontrolled. The beasts they tested us with are rather weak. If they were strong I would have released some of my mana enough for me to control.

Back to the present, I just arrived in the classroom and went to the available seat which is next to a girl who seems like the infamous Gallahan's daughter. Phew. Thank goodness my luck must be wonderful today no creepy seatmates!

I sat beside her and greeted her cheerfully which she returned with the same energy. 3 minutes later the instructor came and scanned the room and her eyes landed upon me she gave me a small smile. Clapping her hands the room fell into silence.

"I see, everyone this girl over here is the student who took first place!" It was silent at first and then they errupted into applause. Though it looks like it's just for politeness. I noticed how doubtful they are of me.

"I'm looking forward to the wonders you'll do here in the academy my lady. Shall we begin?" I sighed silently. This is gonna be a long day.

___________
I opened my eyes to meet another day. Hi, it's me Athanasia. Good to see you again. It's been 13 years since I came here in this world. I was confused at first, but I remembered souls are reincarnated after they finished their first life. It's a never ending cycle. Since it happened once before, I adjusted quickly. I retained my memories when I was 5 years old and began researching about this world.

I am birthed in an aristocratic family. First and foremost let me introduce myself. I am Athanasia Voleoti. I am 13 years old turning 14 this December which is 4 months away. Lucas once told me that if the entities who guard the worlds and the time think you deserve more of this life there is a chance you'll meet the people you love again in your next life. So my parents in my previous life are my parents in this life. Though our appearance changed but not completely. Our hair turned black befitting of our name Voleoti, our eyes are red glistening like red crystals.