Chapter 3

"Heh, so this is the first place student. I didn't take the school for pranks. I mean a girl? Beating the Imperial Prince? Perhaps the prince is not so amazing after all I'm sure this girl is nothing but good at magic. I'm sure you must have paid the academy, or did something out of the ordinary only a thamien would do. I won't believe a bullshit rumor like a little princess topping all of us who'd been training since WE WERE INFANTS!"

The other students were agreeing murmuring silently as to not let her hear but do they know she can hear the difference of everyone's footsteps thanks to her improvement in using the wind element.

'Sigh. So all this chaos was because I unknowingly trampled on their pride? How childish. It's time I show you what a Voleoti is.' She thought to herself. She crossed her arms and looked down on her shoes as if its the most beautiful thing in the wordl. "So?" Was all she said.

That got on the nerves of the students. 'She's rude. Get her!' She noticed them subtly surrounding her. Before the guy can start talking she looked at him with cold eyes. "Yah. Did you know this is my second day? My first day did not go so well and now you're ruining my second day? Is this how this academy treat their students?!" They laughed at me with mockery.

"So what if your day is ruined? It's none of my concern. Now bitch, listen here do as I say and I'll let you go. Admit that you cheated in the exam then apologize to the whole campus for fooling around. Simple right?" The girl hid her smirk and replayed what he said over and over resulting for the hallway to go silent.

"Hey! Are you deaf?! Answer me!" The commotion stopped three freshmen on their way to class. "Huh, what's happening here?" Florentia wondered and walked closer to the crowd and saw a glimpse of her seatmate in the center.

'Athanasia?' She grabbed one of the students watching the commotion and asked him what's happening. "Apparently, Ciel cannot accept the fact that he didn't manage to enter the top 3 and was beaten by a girl. He's yapping about training since infancy or something." He explained.

"Well that's stupid. We don't hear Perez here complaining about not being top one. When he got all the fields covered." Lucas retorted eyeing the blue head with disinterest. Perez nodded while Florentia ordered the students to move aside. Lucas was about to go but Perez pulled him along. "Don't go you still owe me 2 strawberry shortcakes." He groaned.

When they got to the center they saw the dark-haired girl looking down on the ground. Ciel walked closer and grabbed her hair that made Florentia lose her patience. "Hey! You bastard! Let go of her!" That surprised everyone in the hall.

"I'll deal with you later florence or something like that." He focused his attention on the girl who was looking at the side smiling. "What are you smiling at?" Athanasia started laughing like a maniac which made her look like a psychopath.

"M-me? Cheating? HAHAHHAHAHAHA! Sorry that was so funny. For the first time in life someone told me off for cheating." Ciel smirked and laughed. "Hah I knew it you cheater!!" Athanasisa stopped laughing and looked at him without any emotions present in her face. She started to walk slowly towards him.

When she was near enough unexpectedly, she kneed him on his stomach thrice and didn't gave him time to breath when she grabbed his hair harshly and punched him many times on his face. "W-woah she is, she is strong..." The students were now regretting laughing at her.

When his face was bleeding enough she stopped. Looked at him emotionlessly. Interally she is panicking. 'Oh no, is he dead? What do I do? I went too far. I didn't expect for people to not know how to defend themselves without their sword. Do they just rely on magic then? What if they are too exhausted to do so then what?'

She dropped him and he fell like a dead man. She enhanced her hearing to the fullest and heard his heartbeat still beating. 'Th-thank goodness. It's a wonder I can still keep a straight face. But then, I've been having realistic dreams about people dying over and over again it became normal to me.'

She used her light magic to heal his injuries in his head but not on his ribs. She looked around the crowed and they visibly flinched adamantly backing out. She pointed to some random students who happened to be one of his lackeys. "Take him to the healer. Quick." Trembling he went over and called one of his friends to help him out.

They were flinching even though she was just standing and one by stander, namely Lucas, watched the scene unfold with amusement. Perez on the other hand didn't really care while Florentia looked at the girl with caution. She sighed when they were taking too long just by picking him up, it's because she's standing so close to Ciel that they were afraid to touch her in case it'll be the last day they'll live.

"Don't worry. I won't touch you unless you disrespect me. I know everyone laughed and doubted me. I'll let it slide for now because I understand where you are coming from but next time DO NOT underestimated a stranger you don't know a thing of. Go to your classes we've been held up here for too long."

She walked away quietly the cold atmosphere lifted when she spoke the words "Don't Worry". Her voice was so gentle and soft unlike earlier that it made them question whether they were the same person if it weren't for the blood dripping from her hands.

"Let's go." Tia muttered and followed the direction Athy walked on. Lucas rolled his eyes when Perez signalled him to follow. Well, now he is a bit interested to come to class knowing he'll see another interesting classmate. "She definitely trained longer than that dumb Ciel."

He remembered her words, "Do not underestimate a stranger you know nothing of." Exactly. Just like her, everyone has been underestimating him because they thought his knowledge was all about magic and know nothing beyond it given his performance during the entrance exam. Let's say all he knows is magic so what? Did they honestly though they'll beat him? They forgot that there are different classes of magicians here and they did not confirm which class did he belong to. Nor did they confirm how much mana does he possess. How dumb.

"Is this truly an elite school?" Perez stopped in his tracks and looked at him with a weird expression. "What?" He sighed and continued following Tia but slowing a bit to answer Lucas. "Beats me. I see no elite here aside from us three and that girl." He speedwalked towards Tia who was surprised when he appeared beside her. Lucas has been noticing something lately.

'Perez has fallen for Tia. I'm sure of it.' He thought to himself as he cringed internally when he imagined them being romantic to each other. "Gross..."