#27 | beetles

Friday, the day after the food fight occurred, everyone was gathered in the gym. Not to practice, but to watch a fucking 4 hour documentary on beetles.

That was everyone's punishment...

But the good thing was you could sit anywhere you wanted, so you ran over to where Yachi was. Hinata was there too, as well as Kageyama.

you sat down with them, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were behind you. You smiled at Yamaguchi before turning back around to face the documentary that was being projected onto the wall.

some weird calming music emitted from it as the coaches pressed play.

The thing was you weren't even allowed any food, only a bottle of water for the whole 4 and a half hours.

that meant no movie snacks, though the only reason they were not allowing you all to have food was probably so another food fight wouldn't break loose.

but that wasn't gonna stop a bunch of teenagers from creating chaos.

- — -

it started fine, but soon the coaches left after supervising you all for some time.

are they dumb?

you didn't care though, and you were weirdly intrigued by the documentary.

"Are you actually fucking enjoying this?" Kageyama whispered from next to you.

"shut up it's actually interesting..!" You whispered back, he scoffed at your response.

you didn't take your eyes off the screen once, and yeah, maybe you were acting like an iPad kid but you didn't know some beetles could glow in the dark, that's was cool.

Whilst you were fascinated by the beetles, Kageyama was fascinated by something else.

you.

he stared at you, rarely peeling his eyes away from your features. He never expected you to be so breathtaking, he never even knew someone could be so beautiful.

you didn't notice that he was looking at you, But that didn't mean it went unnoticed at all.

One blonde noticed, and that boy filled with jealousy.

He was mad, mad that Kageyama was sitting next to you and was able to take in your beautiful features while he wasn't.

He had liked you for a while, but never made a move on you. It would be weird to do so, he was a third year whilst you were a first. And he was also one of your brother's closest friends, so he knew he couldn't overstep that boundary

Akaashi would kill him if he even tried to flirt with you in any way, and he always got dirty looks from your brother anytime he was a little too nice to you.

Konoha pulled his eyes away from you and Kageyama, letting his eyes wander around the large room.

- — -

1 hour and 23 minutes into the documentary, people were already going crazy.

some people were arguing about stuff that you didn't care to know.

some creepy-looking guy with red hair at the back was singing this weird tune over and over again.

someone was making a TikTok video, and asking people's opinions on the documentary.

Tanaka and Noya were in the corner and on the knockoff version of Omegle again.

and some people had started crying.

You were one of the people tearing up, you were upset over the fact that a certain beetle, the Eastern Hercules beetle, only lived for 3-6 months.

Kageyama rolled his eyes at you. "why the fuck are you crying?!"

"Because It only lives for three to six months!" You wipe your cheek.

"so?" The setter said, "It's not the end of the world?"
"it is for them!" You start to cry more at Kageyama's bluntness. "They dont even get to have a birthday!!" You push your face into your palms.

"You are so stupid." Kageyama breaths, but after his insult he puts his hand on your back in an attempt to calm you down.

Konoha saw this, he narrowed his eyes at the back of Kageyama's head.

"Is Y/N crying?" He asked himself, but both Bokuto and Akaashi heard.

"Yeah, I think so." Your brother says bluntly, not caring that much.

"I'll go ask if she's okay then!" Konoha stands up, this was his chance to win you over! But he was stopped when Keiji pulled him back down.

"No, you won't." Keiji stares at Konoha. He knew, it was painfully obvious.

"why not?!" Konoha huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Kageyama looks like he's dealing with it just fine..." Akaashi's expression was blank, But his words made Konoha's blood boil.

"What if he is the reason she's crying?!"

"She wouldn't cry over something he said."

"Why wouldn't she?"

"Because she's not a crybaby?"

"Then why is she crying?"

"probably something to do with the fucking beetles"

"Wouldn't that make her a crybaby?"

Keiji turned to look at his older friend. "are you insulting her?"

"no?!" Konoha defended himself, waving his hands around. Keiji just ignored him and rolled his eyes.

The two people who were filming a TikTok came towards you and Kageyama.

"Ahem!" The boy you knew as Lev said trying to get your attention.

You peeled your face away from your hands, eyes puffy. But your expression was still angry.

"What?!" You stare at Lev and Yamamoto as they stand in front of you, Yamamoto is the cameraman and Lev is holding a... banana as a microphone.

"What is your opinion on the documentary so far-"

"I WILL KILL YOU!" You abruptly stood up gaining some attention from a couple of people, but it was nothing new so they ignored it.

Lev started squealing as you chased after him, he got further than you considering he was as tall as fucking Mount Everest.

Yamamoto was following close behind with a phone in hand, "Wild Akaashi spotted in the wild!"

You stopped in your tracks, turning around slowly to face him. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!"

You began chasing him instead and he quickly turned around and started running from you this time.

- — -

SORRY, THIS IS SO SHORT THIS WAS JUST TO FILL IN FOR THE DAY FRIDAY AND STUFF, A LITTLE AFTERMATH CHAPTER OF LAST CHAPTER.

AND IT WILL MAKE SENSE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT I HAVE PLANNED 😛😛