Curiosity Ch. 17

Gon felt his consciousness waver as he watched the two walk away. Why would someone chose to follow that guy? Was he being threatened? Did he have someone hostage? Or was this strong, beautiful person just following him around for fun? Before Gon could come up with more reasons for Kiyotaka following Hisoka, he got a response. Kiyotaka, who had walked slow and kept his distance from Hisoka, turned around. His eyes glowed dangerously in the setting sun. "None of the above" he said. "Then why!?" Gon was totally confused. "Because he can give me something I want" "And what do you want?" Gon asked curiously, cautiously. All he got in response was the glowing cold eyes. He was left without an answer as Kiyotaka turned and disappeared out of sight. "What could Hisoka possibly give him?" Gon thought to himself. It was going to eat him alive, make his skin crawl not to know. Kiyotaka knew it would. He may be a little more sadistic then he lets on.

"Where did you go?" Hisoka asked curiously while standing over his latest victim. "I thought I saw a fruit to eat." Hisoka raised his eyebrows "Well, did you?" Kiyotaka, who was always prepared with a plan, pulled two delicious looking fruits from behind his back. "Aww!! Kiyo~ you even brought me back one!" Hisoka said reaching for it, only for it to be moved and held above Kiyotaka's head. His stoic expression, remaining stoic, but exuding a sense haughtiness. It pissed Hisoka off. He reached for the fruit again, and Kiyotaka moved his arm straight out to the side, ever so slightly quirking a brow up at Hisoka tauntingly. That's when Hisoka had enough. He reached for the fruit one more time, but it was a faint, and Kiyotaka noticed a millisecond to late to counter. Kiyotaka felt Hisoka grab his collar before sweeping his feet. He might have been able to prevent himself from falling, but he was curious about Hisoka's plan. Even if it was over something as trivial as this, it was still and indicator of a response pattern. With Hisoka being as much of a wild card as he is, Kiyotaka needed to have some reliable base of analysis for him.

That being said, he was second guessing allowing Hisoka to have his way. Now he was flat on his back with Hisoka looming  over him, his hands being moved above his head, the fruit still firmly in his grasp. Not once did the two break eye contact. Both wanted to try and find out what was going through the other's head. You know what they say, the eyes are the windows to the soul. That's why Kiyotaka's eyes were the most intriguing to Hisoka. At first glance, you would think he was a doll with no soul. It wasn't until you focused real hard that you might be lucky enough to see the faint glow of one. Hisoka lowered himself onto the boy moving closer and closer to his face. Kiyotaka wasn't one to back down, but Hisoka could see him shrinking into the ground, putting as much space as possible between them without breaking eye contact. Still he pushed forward, only to, at the last second, move next to his ear. "You really should know~ I don't appreciate being toyed with~" Hisoka backed off, even if only slightly, and Kiyotaka thought he was about to let go, and began himself to try and sit up. He was wrong. He was kept in the somewhat embarrassing position. 'What could he still want' he thought to himself. 'ahh the fruit' Realizing what he was still after, embarrasingly late, he tried to move his hands to offer up the fruit he'd used to tease just moments before, to no avail.

"If you'd let go of my hands we can both enjoy the fruit." Hisoka smirked, a bit irritated by the 'lack' of affect he was having on Kiyotaka. "Who says that's what I want?" Kiyotaka starred straight ahead. "Then what do you want? And get off me, you're heavy." Hisoka didn't say a word. Instead he transferred both Kiyotaka's hands to one of his own, bringing the other hand down to, surprisingly gently, grab his chin. Despite his head being moved from side to side, Kiyotaka's eyes had not lost track of Hisoka's. He was curious about what was happening. What was Hisoka after. This continued for almost a few minutes, the silence and starting, before Hisoka grabbed one of the fruits and stood up, placing Kiyotaka on his feet in the process. "We'll, let's get going then!"

Hisoka really loved his new companion! So interesting! Despite his could demeanor and analytical personality, below all that was almost childlike curiosity. It's what he was able to see the whole time he had the boy pinned. Not fear or anticipation, but curiosity. He'd had speculations on what happened to the boy to be the way he is, but it just keeps getting more interesting. 'They always said curiosity killed the cat, but it's clearly a reason to love for him. I wonder, will he even let himself be killed? With his tenacity I doubt it. Besides! I wouldn't let that happen either, I couldn't just stand by and watch the kitten die! Not when he belongs to me now.'

Hisoka suddenly had a bright aura around him as he chuckled to himself. This made Kiyotaka instinctively walk a few more paces behind him. He wasn't scared of Hisoka, but he certainly doesn't find moments where Hisoka is like that pleasant. He was still curious as to what Hisoka wanted back there. It was his business, after all, he was the one laid flat on his back. The more he thought about it, the more he wasted to ask, so he did. "What were you trying to accomplish back there? After I told you to let go I mean." They walked in silence for a minute before Hisoka chuckled "Curiosity really does kill the cat!" That's all Kiyotaka got from him.