A Fight Away Ch. 21

An announcement came over the loud speaker, the next phase was about to begin.

Kiyotaka sat up a bit straighter, fully composing himself as they walked to the rest of the group. "I'm glad you're all here but before I explain the next phase, Hisoka I'd like to talk with you then with number 45 since I've already talked to everyone else." "Sure~" "Then follow me." Netero turned and made his way to a small room just the corner. When they entered Netero sat down to face Hisoka, "I'd like to talk to you individually" he said expecting 45 to take the initiative and leave the room, but instead sat next to Hisoka and sprawled himself on his lap, showing no indication of leaving the two alone. This surprised Netero because he'd never seen Hisoka stick so close to anyone, the closest person was Illumi, but they hardly interacted at all, keeping to 'only when necessary'. "Feel free to carry on" Hisoka spoke bringing the Netero out of his thoughts. "Right well, I only have two questions for each person of you, the first one being who would you least want to fight and why?" Hisoka took no time at all to think, "Gon simply because he isn't 'ripe' yet, he needs more training before he can entertain me in a fight." Netero looked down at Kiyotaka who's face was hidden by the built in hood of his outfit. "The bald ninja" "and why is that?" "He's loud, annoying, and arrogant." He stated matter of factly. "What about in terms of fighting style?" Netero pried a bit. "I don't really mind, I'm confident I could win against any opponent you put against me in the tournament." "How did you know it was a tournament?" "Why else would you be asking us these questions, also I like the original twist your putting on it, a tournament with only one loser. It'll be entertaining to watch the person that looses, don't you think?" "I can't wait" Hisoka responded. Then he stood up, setting Kiyotaka on his feet, "if that's all, we'll let you decide the bracket~" They disappeared from Netero's sight. "I still had one question" he sighed out, but being entertained enough not to care, decided to let it go.

It less then half an hour later that the brackets were decided. They all made their way into the room with a man standing in it's center next to a covered board, he was clearly the referee. He took the cloth off to show everyone who their first fight would be against. Kiyotaka internally sighed when he saw who his first fight was. 'That cursed old man' he thought as he stepped behind Hisoka resting his head against his back, already able to feel the headache coming on. It only intensified when his opponent made some under the breath comment about his 'excellent luck' and how he'll 'get to wrap this up quickly'. It annoyed Kiyotaka that his opponent was so arrogant. He'd be the one to wrap this up quickly. He had to make the guy surrender, which meant he couldn't knock him out, that would just prolong the fight, and he couldn't just kill him, that would disqualify himself in the process resulting in a double loss. Then it came to him.

Kiyotaka stepped into the 'ring' with his temporary play thing. 'I might be able to make this entertaining after all. It might take longer then I'd like, but~ it'll be worth it if I can break him.' Hanzo, his opponent, got into a defensive stance, waiting for Kiyotaka to follow suit. He looked almost annoyed that Kiyotaka didn't take up a stance ready for the fight. "If you won't take this fight seriously, I'll be able to end this quickly!" He shouted. Kiyotaka met his eyes "Who said I'm not serious?" With that Hanzo made the first move. He came in for a punch aimed at Kiyotaka's solar plexus, but his fist didn't connect. When he looked back Kiyotaka was still standing in the same position, now facing away from him, 'How did I miss!' Hanzo thought, completely unable to register what just happened. "Is your eyesight bad?" Kiyotaka taunted with his monotone voice, riling up his opponent. "I have 20/20 vision! What trick did you pull!?" "I didn't even move though?" Kiyotaka tilted his head moving his finger to his cheek. "Impossible" the ninja mumbled under his breath. He shook it off and stood up, ready to attack. This time, when he went to attack, the punch landed, but then got snapped back at him, hitting him in the jaw. His vision blurred , and all he could hear through the ringing "Why'd you hit yourself?" He was being mocked! 'The little shit is mocking me!?' Hanzo stood up furiously, "I didn't hit myself, you hit me!" He accused. "Me? I haven't touched you this whole time." Kiyotaka continued to play innocent. Hanzo charged again, this time going for a kick, but right after he landed the kick, he fell to the ground after the splitting pain of a pulled muscle shot through his leg. 'What the hell is happening!? I always keep myself stretched! That kick can barely be called the start of my flexibility!' He looked up angrily at Kiyotaka who, while he was facing away from the ref and onlookers, let a smirk make it's way onto his face. It was truly menacing, and startled the man. He seemed to get what Kiyotaka was saying, 'you won't be able to hit me' and 'forfeit' and 'you'll regret it if you don't'. Despite his body wanting to give in and forfeit, he refused to give up. He stood up, fighting the pain in his leg, and began a slur of attacks. He got a few attacks in and nothing was happening. That's when his body stopped listening to him. He stood up straight, raised his hands, and without having any control, he said he forfeited. 'What did I just say!?' "No!" He yelled out right after "I don't forfeit!" The ref. just looked him and shrugged before announcing Kiyotaka the winner of that round.

This confused everyone. They'd watched Kiyotaka take almost every hit, and hadn't lifted finger in retaliation, yet it was Hanzo that forfeited. They knew something was up, but none of them could figure out what, well except Hisoka and Illumi, who knew about nen, but were still clueless as to how he did what he did to win. Hisoka saw how intently Kiyotaka was watching the confused, and devastated face of Hanzo, even from the side lines. In response he brought Kiyotaka's head into his side, leaning down enough to whisper a quick "calm down now~" into his ear.