14.

Tilda's POV:

Tascha puts the bags down and carries me out of the quinjet instead. As soon as we were out of the quinjet, we were in a large room. Apparently this was some sort of garage for the jet because I could see three more of them.

When I looked in the direction Tascha went, I saw several people standing there waiting for us. Suddenly I felt insecure again and buried my face in Tascha's neck. Tascha seemed to notice my change of behavior as she drew little pattens on my back.

"I'm right here Tilly, everything's fine." After a few seconds, which felt more like minutes, we came to a halt and Tascha spoke up again.

"Hey guys"
"Hey Tascha, good to have you back!" Said a dark, male voice, which made me a little unsecure again. I held on to Tascha a little tighter and tried to bury my face more in her neck.

"Shhh it's okay Tilly, you're doing great," she whispers in my ear so that only I can hear it.
"Who's this little cutie?" a warm, feminine voice speaks up.

"This here," Tascha starts as she gives me a little hop, "is Mathilda. She's going to stay here with me and anyone who has a problem with that is welcome to leave now, because she belongs to me."
"Aww she's cute." I feel someone approach me and stop next to me.
"Hey Mathilda, my name is Wanda!" I turn my head slightly to the side so I can look at Wanda properly. She has light red hair, more of an orange, and green eyes. Her eyes say the same thing as Tascha's, security.

"Hi," I greet Wanda in a low voice. She starts to smile, scrunching her nose and putting a hand on my back. I surprise myself when I realize I didn't flinch by her hand.

"Hi little one, you've got Nat wrapped around your little finger I see." She says, looking over at Nat briefly and giving her a smile. I feel my face getting warmer and quickly hide back into Tascha's shoulder. I can only hear Tascha and Wanda giggling until someone else speaks up.

"Sorry to ruin the moment, however we need to get to a meeting as soon as possible." We moved on and came into a large room with a long table and lots of chairs.

Tascha put me down on her lap after she tried to get me to sit on the chair next to her, but I refused to sit alone. Tascha told me the names of all the people in the room. There must have been 12 of us together, if not more.

I didn't even count because I thought there were already too many people. After a while I zoned out and didn't even listen to the man, whose name I think was Steve.

I looked around and my eyes went to Wanda, who was sitting behind us. She saw me looking at her and made funny faces. I have to be honest, they look pretty funny and before I knew it, I started giggling.

This seemed to catch the attention of the others, who all now looked at me. Everyone had a smile on their face except for Steve, who was still standing at the front, impatiently waiting for everyone to turn their attention back to him.

"Could you please take this a little more serious? After all, we have a job to do and I don't want to be disturbed." Steve's harsh tone immediately shuts me up. He kind of reminds me of Dave.

I decide it's best for everyone if I sit in the empty chair next to Tascha and keep quiet for the rest of the meeting. As I get off Tascha's lap to move to the chair, Tascha looks at me with a look of concern, which I quickly avoid by turning my head in the other direction.

The rest of the meeting was boring and quiet, making sure I didn't make a sound. I definitely want to avoid a beating and it always worked best with Dave when I didn't move or make a sound. At some point he forgot that I was still there and left me alone.

Nat's POV:

After the hard words from Steve, Tilly climbed off my lap and onto the other chair, which she had refused earlier, and sat there as if petrified. I was getting quite worried as she wasn't saying anything and wasn't moving. She didn't even look up and kept her eyes on the same spot on the floor for over an hour.

I looked at Wanda to see if she was thinking the same thing I was and the look on her face told me that she was. I will definitely let Steve know what I think later. I understand that he's annoyed, but he still doesn't need to take his anger out on my little baby and definitely not in the way she's reacting right now.

Another half hour later, we were finally finished and I was able to take Tilly to my room. We decided that we would gather more information about the Thanos guy before planning anything else.

Slowly, everyone began to leave the conference room. However, when I looked over at Tilly, I saw that she still wasn't moving, which made me even more worried. I exchanged a look with Wanda and she immediately understood what I wanted her to do.

She got up and started to escort the other remaining teammates out of the room so Tilly and I could have some privacy.
"Hey baby, is everything okay?" No response.
"Tilly honey, can you look at me?" Still no response.

Okay, maybe I'd better try something else. I gently touched Tilly's shoulder to bring her out of her little world, but instead of her turning her attention to me, she flinched hard and jumped out of the chair. She quickly fell back to the floor and before I could even react, she slid under the table and formed herself into a ball.

"Please don't, please I promise I'll be good! Please, please!" She begged as she rocked herself forwards and backwards. The sight tore my heart in half and one thing was clear to me, not only Steve but also her so-called shitty father were going to lose their heads.