20.

Tilly's POV:

"Does it mean you're my mommy then?" I asked Natty quietly, still with my head buried in her shoulder. I couldn't believe it, Natty is taking me away from Dave for good and she wants to keep me with her. She wants me! This is the first time in years that someone has wanted me with them.

"This decision is entirely up to you Tilly. First of all, I'm the person who looks after you and loves you very much, no matter what. But if you feel comfortable and if you are ready for it, I can also be your mom. But it's entirely up to you, I won't put any pressure on you or be disappointed if you don't want to think of me as your mommy at first. We'll go at your pace, darling."

"Thanks Natty!" I'm glad to have Natty as a supervisor or mom or whatever she is right now. I'm also glad she's not pushing me to do anything, I mean yes I want Natty to be my mom, but when I think about it, I don't want to hurt my real mom. I don't want her to watch me from above and think that I've replaced her. But the other way around, I feel safe with Natty and she does everything a mom is supposed to do. Wanda once told me that Natty would love to be a mom, but bad people have done something to her so that she can't have any more children and that she is very sad about it.

"What's wrong sweetie? You were gone for a minute, is everything okay?" I love Natty, no matter what, she knows right away if something is going on or if I'm worrying about something too much.
"What if mom is mad at me for replacing her with you?"
"You mean your real mom?"
"Mhm"
"Hey look at me Tilly." Natty pushes me away from her body and puts her hands on the sides of my face so I'm looking at her.

"Is that what you're worried about?"
"Yeah, I mean I don't want to let her down. She's not really with me anymore, but I know she's protecting me from above."
"Детка I'm sorry I have to ask but are you saying that your mom is dead?"

Nat's POV:

I can't believe what Tilly had just told me. I thought all along that her mom had abandoned her or something, but I never thought she'd lost her mom at such a young age.
Of course, that puts the situation in a completely different light now. My little baby, I just want to protect her from all the evil in the world. She doesn't deserve anything that's ever happened to her.

"Mhm, she was still with me until I was 7," she said quietly.
"Oh baby, I'm so sorry, I didn't know that. Come here" I pull her close to me again and hug her tightly. After a few minutes, I pull us apart again and wipe a few tears from her face.

"Listen dear, I don't want to replace your mother, okay?" I can be your mom, yes, but I will never be able to replace her and I don't want to. She is your mother and always will be and no matter what decision you will make, I will always be there for you, just like she was for you. Okay?"
"Okay Natty"
"And if you're still worried about that baby, I think your mom only wants the best for you and won't be disappointed in you if you decide to call me mom."
"Do you think so?"
"I know it Детка. You said she was watching over you from above, didn't you?"
"Yes"
"Exactly, and I think that if she had anything against it, she would have told us long ago."

"I think you're right."
"Of course I'm right kiddo!" I say and start tickling her. She starts squirming on my lap and trying to get away from me. I tickle her a little more before I stop and pull her close to me again and cuddle her a little.

"I love you Tilly. Never forget that okay?" I whisper in her ear as I rock us back and forth a little.
"I love you too mom" I could have screamed, cried and freaked out here and now. I've done it. I've finally become a mom. I hold Tilly a little tighter and catch myself with a tear falling from my eye.

Our lovely moment was interrupted, however, when a too-excited Thor burst into the room.
"Lady Natasha! I heard we have a new midgardian!" He literally shouted. Tilly was startled by his loud voice and quickly hid away from him as she took my body as a shield.
"Thor, as much as I love you but please, inside voice. Like we talked about!" Thor is kind of like a little child. He gets excited about the smallest things and always has so much energy.

"Excuse me Lady Natasha." He says more quietly this time and stops carefully at the door, looking down at Tilly, who is still sitting in my lap.
"Tilly darling, do you think you can say hello to my friend Thor? He's really nice, I promise." Tilly slowly lifts her head from my shoulder and looks in the direction of where Thor is standing. Thor has one of his huge smiles on his face.
"Hello Mr. Thor." Tilly says softly.
"Hello Mini Natasha, it's nice to meet you!" Thor says again in a slightly louder voice. But instead of being startled, Tilly starts to giggle. I can already see that the two of them are becoming very good friends.

"Thor, this is Mathilda, my future daughter."
"Aww mini Natasha how nice! Lady Natasha, I'm so happy for you!" He shouts and jumps up and down while clapping his hands. Tilly just continues to giggle and is visibly amused by the sight of Thor.
"Mini Natasha, would you like to play video games with me?" Thor asks excitedly. Tilly's eyes light up and she looks straight at me to ask if she can. Normally I would say no, as we have to eat again soon, but this is the first time Tilly has wanted to do something away from me and Wanda.

I give her a nod and she immediately runs off with Thor, but before she leaves she gives me a kiss on the cheek and says a quiet 'thank you mom'.

Heyy, I'm back! I'll try to write a bit more in the next few days😊