18.

Nat's POV:

The next morning I woke up before Tilly and decided to go downstairs to talk to Tony about Tilly's adoption.
I would have to get in touch with a lawyer so that Tilly could live with me permanently.

"Good morning guys," I greeted Wanda, Bruce and Tony as I arrived in the kitchen.
"Morning" Bruce and Tony said together.
"Good morning Nat. Is the little one still asleep?" Wanda asked me.
"Yep, still fast asleep."
"Hey Tony, could I talk to you about something for a minute? In private?"
"Yeah sure, just come to my workshop in five minutes."
"Great, thanks!" I called after him before he left the room completely.

Four minutes later, I was standing in Tony's workshop and explained my problem to him. From what he'd heard, he said, it could be an easy case. He also looked through various police reports and since Tilda hadn't been reported missing yet, it could be even easier.
We talked some more and I asked him about the purple guy with the urge to take over the world. He told me it was going pretty well so far and we'd probably have to go out and fight him soon.

While we were still in the middle of talking, there was a knock on the door. We both turned towards the door and saw Wanda, who had a crying and tired looking Tilly sitting on her hip.
"See Til, there's Mama Nat, I told you she didn't leave you, she was just talking to Tony." Had she just called me Mama Nat? She had mumbled the first part to Tilly, but I could still understand her.
Does Tilly think of me as a mother or was it just Wanda who thought it was funny to call me Mama in front of Tilly?

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when Wanda came towards me and Tilly was already reaching herself out in my direction, just waiting until she could switch to my hip.
I approached Wanda and quickly took Tilly to me. You could still see a few tears falling from her eyes. I quickly wiped them away with my sleeve and began to draw circles on her back, hoping to calm her down a little.

Fortunately, she calmed down quickly and rested her head on my shoulder while she put her hands loosely around my neck and played with my hair.
"What happened?" I asked Wanda.
"I don't know exactly. I was walking to my room as I passed by yours and I heard someone crying. I knew you were here with Tony so I went in and found her crying on the bed. She thought you had left her."
"Oh baby, did you wake up without me? And then thought I'd left you?"
"Mhm"
"Oh, I'm sorry about that sweetheart. Next time I'll wait for you to wake up okay? I just had to talk to Tony about something really important."
"Okay," she mumbled, burying her face in my chest. I love it when she does that, especially in the morning when she's still sleepy.

"Tilly baby, are you hungry? Shall we make something to eat?"
"Yes, please."
"All right, off to the kitchen then!" I shouted and started jogging to the kitchen in a funny way, bouncing Tilly up and down again and again, making her laugh.

Once we arrived in the kitchen, I made us both pancakes. Tilly didn't want to be put down at first and it was a bit difficult to prepare the pancakes, but when Wanda came in and took Tilly, I was able to prepare all the pancakes quickly.

I wanted to surprise Tilly and mixed some colorful sprinkles into the last pancakes. I have to say, they turned out pretty well and I hope that the sprinkles will make Tilly eat a bit more. She doesn't eat too little, but I would like her to eat a bit more. She is quite thin and I would like to change that, even if I have to cheat a little.

When all the pancakes were ready, I called Wanda and Tilly to the table and put down a plate of pancakes for Wanda and me and then went back to get Tilly's special pancakes.
Without saying anything, I put her plate in front of her and watched how she reacted.

She looked at her pancakes, then at Wanda's, then at mine and then looked at me with wide eyes.
"These are for me?" She asked while pointing to her plate.
"Yes, I made them just for you baby!"
"Thank you! You're the best!" She exclaimed, with a huge smile on her face. It was cute how happy she was about these pancakes.

We all ate and had a simple conversation until we had all eaten. Tilly still had her smile on her face and she had even finished all the pancakes. I was super proud of her and when I praised her for it, she was even happier.

Just as we were clearing the table, Tony came in and said he needed to talk to me. After handing Tilly to Wanda and promising the little girl that I'd be back very quickly, I headed towards the lab.
Tony was already waiting for me in the lab with another man dressed in a suit.
"Nat, this is Mr. Murdock, my lawyer. He's going to help you with the Mathilda case."
"Ah, thank you Tony. Hello, thank you for having time at such short notice." I greeted him kindly.
"Hello, that's no problem, that's my job."

I explained my and Tilly's situation to him in detail and he said straight away that it would be quite easy. We also agreed that her so-called father would lose custody of Tilly for the time being and that she could be adopted by me if she wanted. But I still have to talk to Tilly about that. I hope she wants me to be her foster mom. That would be really nice, then I would finally be a mother. But as I said, I have to talk to her first.

We went through a few more steps together and he would register us with the court later so that we could get an appointment as soon as possible. I had to sign a few more forms and enter my contact details until we were finally done.

We said our goodbyes and I decided to look for Tilly to talk to her about the possibility of adoption.