~02~

~RADIO KILLED THE VIDEO STAR~

~{y/n:pov}~

"Okay. So the extermination is coming in six months instead of a year" Charlie said pacing around the lobby's seating area with Keekee skipping around with her.

"No big deal. Just a little setback. Nothing we can't handle. Just angels cutting our timetable in half. But who needs a whole year to save souls? Am I right?" Charlie ranted as her speech became faster and faster.

Well Charlie seems to be losing her mind.

"And next time, when they cut the time in half again and again, we'll just handle it, right?!"

Yep. Shes definitely losing it.

Vaggie walked up to her and grabbed her shoulders to stop her from pacing and ranting, "yes, we will" she smiled at Charlie.

"Oh, please, ya had less than half a chance when you started all this salvation bullshit. And now... ain't no silver lining this time toots" angel spoke up from his spot on the couch next to me.

His phone vibrated intently as his boss messaged him over and over again.

Fuck, I hate that guy. He pisses me off to no wit's end. Just that bald headed bastards face is enough to get me pissed.

"Sure there is. We just have to look a little harder for it" Charlie said as hopeful as ever.

"Well, while you're lookin, the rest of Hell is going nuts" angel said pointing his phone in Vaggies and Charlie's direction.

"People are already freaking out about the news. Look at what's happening in the Doomsday District"

Just as he scrolled down to show an article a new message from Valentino popped up on his screen.

"Err, what is a "donkey show"?" Charlie asked leaning over to read the message on Angels phone.

He quickly jerked his phone back and began awkwardly stuttering out an excuse, "ahh, heh, nothing. My boss, Val, is just freaked out about the news, too. Like I said, everyone's losing their shit"

"You've got that right" I said and sighed.

"Yeah, that's true. Sinner's are desperate. Maybe desperate enough to try anything to escape the extermination?" Vaggie said as she came up with an idea.

Charlie gasped, "this is the perfect time to recruit more sinners for the hotel!" She said excitedly.

"Is it though? I mean you're really going out in all that?" I said and motioned to Angels phone which he flipped to Vaggies and Charlie's direction to get my point across.

"Well, it's not like people are just going to show up on our doorstep"

As Charlies sentence finished a huge explosion erupted and Charlie screamed in surprise.

"Show yourself, Alastor!" The awfully familiar voice of Sir Pentious said dramatically.

Of, fucking, course he's behind this.

"Come and face-" he stopped mid sentence probably realising Alastor was in fact on the balcony above the wall he just broke for no reason.

I walked outside so I could see the shit storm that was brewing.

"Oh, there you are... Face my wrath!" Sir Pentious screamed.

"Who are you?" Alastor asked clocking his head to the side.

"Who am I? Who am I? I am the great Sir Pentious! Inventor, architect of destruction, villain extraordinaire!" He boasted dramatically again.

Alastor evaporated into a grey shadow as he moved down the balcony before reforming back to himself.