Chapter 56

Chapter 56

Song: ' No Promises' by Shane Ward

Hey baby, when we are together, doing things that we love.
Every time you're near I feel like I'm in heaven, feeling high
I don't want to let go, girl.
I just need you to know girl.

I don't wanna run away, baby you're the one I need tonight,
No promises.
Baby, now I need to hold you tight, I just wanna die in your arms

Here tonight

........................................................................

ELIJAH'S POV

"Send in the last intern, Hann... Ms. Evans," I called my secretary to send her in for the interview.

This is the first time I'm conducting interviews of interns myself, otherwise, it's Margaret who does it but I had to conduct this one personally. I can't trust her judgment.

I was meeting her to discuss the new project's details when she told me how she should have set a bet with me because her intuitions were right about Hannah. To be precise, her exact words were "She's better than you". And how resilient, brilliant, and diligent she is with her work and what a natural talent she is.

Of all the people, I never expected Marge to say this.

Will you accuse Hannah again of flirting with Margaret too because her judgement is similar to others?

Anyway, I had to take matters into my own hands and do what needs to be done.

She can't stay here and work.

She's too much of a trouble already.

As I said, her fate is in my hands and this is me twisting with it.

She goes today!

"What are you doing here in the middle of the interview? I called for Ha... Ms. Evans," I said when I saw Marge entering my office and sitting on the sofa instead of the chair.

I really need to stop calling her by her name, especially in the office. I don't know why it's slipping out so often.

Probably because you like calling her by that, it's so personal.

"HANNAH," she emphasized on her name, "will not be coming for the interview, you're all done for the day," huh?

"What do you mean, did she leave by herself?" if only she was that sensible.

"No."

"Did you fired her already as you should've?" I knew she was smart, she could call out her façade.

"Nope," she said popping the P a little more than I liked.

"Then, where is she?"

"You're rather curious to know. Mind sharing why?" she leaned back on the sofa and took her shoes off to relax.

"Why would I be, I was..." she cut me in the middle and dropped a bomb on me.

"I hired her as my assistant," I gave her my death stare giving her a chance to take her words back.

"You did what?" I got up from my chair and walked towards the sofa.

"You heard me. Hannah is perfect for the job, she's smart and talented, a little immature but that's fine because she's exceptional at her work. I needed a new assistant and since she's trained here it was easier to hire her than to go through the same process all over again. Andddd," she dragged her words, "thanks to you Daniel is leaving, you threatened the poor boy so much. What was that about?" she stared searching for answers.