Chapter 14

Song: Butterfly kisses by Bob Carlisle

She'll change her name today
She'll make a promise
And I'll give her away
Standing in the bride-room
Just staring at her
She asked me what I'm thinking
And I said "I'm not sure"
"I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl"
And she leaned over

Gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk me down the aisle, Daddy, it's just about time"
"Does my wedding gown look pretty, Daddy? Daddy, don't cry"
Oh, with all that I've done wrong
I must have done something right
To deserve her love every morning
And butterfly kisses

..................................................................

HANNAH'S POV

We all were sitting in my bedroom just before leaving for the church, I was sitting in front of a mirror all dolled up fidgeting with my fingers with panic and feeling numb at the same time if that's even possible. Nick was standing in front of the window brooding, and Jason and Mila were sitting on the bed holding hand. No one dared to utter a word, more like no one had anything to say, it was a room full of hopelessness. Everyone was upset about not coming up with something to turn this thing around.

It's like we all were about to witness the second most dreadful wedding in the history of the world. THE RED WEDDING will always remain number one!

Mila tried to cheer me up by pointing out that what a hottie I am getting married to and that maybe this will be the start of my love story, she tried to make me see a positive side of it all, that maybe it won't be as bad as we think it would be but who was she kidding? She herself didn't believe anything and I can read her eyes too well to know that she was faking it, although she tried her best to sound happy and convincing.

There was a knock on the door and dad entered. I know why he was here.

It's about time.

"Are you ready? We should get going." His voice was low and so were his eyes.

One by one the three of them hugged me and left. Dad and I aren't on talking terms, he has tried but I didn't give him a chance when he said he can't explain all this. I'm beyond angry at him but more than that I'm hurt. Still showing protest, I started walking past him and out of the room without acknowledging him.

Just as my hand reached for the doorknob, he stopped me, "Hannah, wait!"

I stopped but didn't turn around. I'm scared if I did then he'll be successful in breaking the walls around my heart once again. Usually, I'm the one to expect it, wait for it but this time I don't want that to happen. Not until he decides to be truthful with me.

He came where I was standing, held my arms, and turned me towards himself. I still kept my head down refusing to meet his eyes.

"You look beautiful, my darling," he said in a low tone "maybe more than your mom even." I can feel tears in his voice and it tugged at my heart.

"Hannah, please, look at me," his always authoritative and commanding voice sounded desperate and dejected today. A voice of a broken man.

But I didn't give in, I'm his daughter and just as stubborn as he is. I won't give in, not this time. He sighed in defeat.

"I know you're angry at me, and I deserve it. I know, I've betrayed you, your love, and your trust. And I hate myself for it more than you hate me," my heart clenched at his word, I wanted to tell him otherwise but refrained myself.