ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⑦

They walked into the kitchen and Miss Peregrine leaned against the kitchen counter. Olive was using her peculiarity to boil a kettle. "That will do, thank you, Olive." Miss Peregrine said gently. "Nobody enjoys over boiled tea."

Olive picked up the kettle and started pouring the water into three cups with teabags in them.
Rattling of jars could be heard behind them and Cheyenne and Jake looked behind them to see who they believed grandpa had said was called Enoch getting jars and giving them weird stares.

He was about to leave when Olive said, "let me help you with those Enoch."

"Don't bother." He said back in a thick Scottish accent. "Wouldn't want to interrupt your tea party." He adds before walking away. Olive's eyes dart between all of them before grabbing her leather gloves and storming off after him.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Cheyenne, Jake." Miss Peregrine said while smoke from her pipe wrapped around her.

"You know, then." Jake said sadly.

Miss Peregrine smiles sadly. "I know that if Abe were alive, he would've told me you were coming." She stares at nothing for a second, but then snaps out of it and grabs two cups of the tea Olive poured. She handed them to Jake and Cheyenne before grabbing her one and asking, "should we take our tea outside?"

She didn't give them a chance to answer as she was already out the back door before finishing the question. Cheyenne and Jake followed her anyways.

The garden was very green, and very beautiful. There was bushes in the shapes of animals and the children were playing around all doing their own thing. They were walking through an archway made from bushes and it was silent and comfortable and Miss Peregrine turned to Cheyenne about to say something when Jake interrupts.

"Before he died he wanted me to find you." Jake said and Miss Peregrine's head quickly turns to him. "There was something he wanted me to know. He said you could explain everything."

"That's absolutely true, there are very few things I can't explain." Miss Peregrine says with a grin full of pride. Cheyenne chuckles softly to herself. "We're what's known in common parlance as 'peculiar'." Miss peregrine says to Jake as she pulls out her pocket watch from her pocket and makes a quick turn towards a running Fiona. "51 seconds late, Fiona." Miss Peregrine scolds.

"Sorry, Miss Peregrine, how many carrots do you need for supper?" Fiona asked.

"Just one will do." Miss Peregrine says.

Fiona slightly nods and runs off towards the garden part of the garden. She shakes her head to adjust her braids so they're over her shoulders and holds her hands out towards the soil and they begin to shake.

"As I was saying," Miss Peregrine starts again, bringing Jake and Cheyenne's attention back to her. "Some people are peculiar, it's a recessive gene carried down through families, yet many generations can pass without a peculiar child being born." She continued as Fiona begins to make a large carrot grow from the ground. "And alas, peculiars have been persecuted through the ages." She says sadly.
But she lights up again when she adds. "Hence, we live in places like this." She lifts her hands up happily.

"In Wales?" Jake raises an eyebrow.

Miss Peregrine seems to be more focused on Fiona's growing carrot than the conversation, with her eyes flickering back and forth. "Anywhere will do if you pick the right day." She says with disinterest. "That's fine now Fiona." She calls over.

Fiona looks back at them then back to the carrot and places her hands on it to stop it from growing.

Miss Peregrine turns back to Jake. "You see, I'm the type of peculiar called an Ymbryne. That means I can.."