Just a Normal Day In School

The day began in harsh conditions as snow rushed around Evelyn, whipping her raven-black hair at her face. Though it was snowing, the academy continued, and Evelyn gawked at the sight. Heaps of snow piled on the roof and the bushes that were trimmed to make elegant shapes were layered with white snow and they became completely unrecognizable. The gray bricks and many windows were covered in frost and mounds of snow covered the array of lamps that led to the entrance.

With little encouragement, Evelyn trudged through the snow and to the school entrance. She opened the dark, curved, wooden, towering doors and walked in only to fall headfirst to the floor.

Snickers followed her fall. She looked up to see Lyssa, Lola, and Lamia staring down at her with their vast, mean eyes and smirking lips. Lyssa walked up to her and held her hand out to Evelyn. As Evelyn reached out for it, Lyssa threw her hand down and slapped her face with it instead. She felt embarrassed as Lyssa pushed her after slapping her, making Evelyn fall to the ground. Another round of snickers followed and soon the whole hall came to see what was happening.

"What is happening?" a voice exclaimed. Four heads, three blond haired, one brown, turned toward the voice of a tall lady.

The students watching Lyssa and Evelyn scattered, leaving space for the teacher to march across the hall. It was so silent that the only thing that could slice through it was the sound of the teacher crossing the hall. Anger was reflected in the teacher's eyes as she looked at the scene. "Well? What happened?"

Lyssa's eyes widened. Fear glazed her eyes as she replied, "Mrs. Giustina, please help us! Evelyn tripped and-"

"Lying to your teacher, Lyssa. That is not acceptable, especially to someone that has a higher status than you."

Lyssa stood still, motionless with rage, while the teacher bent over and helped Evelyn stand up. Lyssa shot daggers at Evelyn and kept glaring at her as Mrs. Giustina led Evelyn away from the group.

"Are you alright, Evelyn? Did they hurt you?" Mrs. Giustina demanded.

"I-I'm fine," Evelyn stammered while Mrs. Giustina looked sharply at Lyssa. When she spoke, her voice was as cold as ice.

"Lyssa, go to the main office and the headmaster will see you shortly."