The Two Rays of Shadow and Sun

Evelyn was standing near the desk of the Headmaster and they both were silent. Headmaster Esmond was like a statue, unmoving and expressionless. Of course, Evelyn never got in direct trouble, not counting the minor fights that Lyssa and her group had with Evelyn. Although the fights were never as brutal as this one.

The silence in the room was almost tangible and Evelyn was relieved when she heard faint sounds coming through the doors. However, her relief faded as quick as lightning as the door swung open to four people walking in. Lola and Lamia were bickering with each other while Mrs. Giustina was talking to Lyssa with the most stern face that she ever had throughout all of Evelyn's school years.

At first, the whole group of people were silent and no one spoke, until Mrs. Giustina broke the silence by saying. "Headmaster Esmond, this group was caught beating up Evelyn Rose. She has a bruise on her face and when I reached there I saw that she was on the floor."

Headmaster Esmond furrowed his eyebrows and turned to Evelyn, asking, "Is this true Evelyn?"

Evelyn grabbed her hair and pulled it away from the corner of her face to reveal the bruise before she replied, "Yes sir, it's true." Evelyn could evidently see Lyssa flinch and her brows furrowing in anger.

"It's not true!" Lyssa yelled. "It's not my fault that my boyfriend liked Evelyn more than me. It's not my fault that Evelyn flirted with him behind my back-"

"What are you talking about, Lyssa?" Evelyn retorted. "I never flirted with your boyfriend and I would never even try to flirt with him."

Lyssa's boyfriend was a popular jock at school named Carl known for his most handsome features that seemed to blind people. He was also known for starting to date Lyssa last year which skyrocketed her popularity instantly. Evelyn did see Carl staring at her at the beginning of the school year and there were several times that he "accidentally" brushed past her.

However, Evelyn didn't know much about Carl and probably only had the teeniest tiniest crush on him but it wasn't something that she would flirt with him for.

"Headmaster Esmond!" Lyssa screamed, her voice shrieking at the highest point, and Evelyn could almost see a sliver of a tear in her eyes, "You have to understand that Evelyn deserved all-"

"Lyssa, ENOUGH!" Headmaster Esmond yelled. His eyebrows furrowed with anger."I don't want to deal with your relationship issues, however it is, it should not be solved with violence, especially not in school."

He looked at Lyssa and said, "I'm going to have to suspend you for two weeks." He then glanced over at Evelyn and added, "Evelyn, please leave the room." Evelyn could swear that Headmaster Esmond gave her a little smile before pointing at the door.

Evelyn was over the moon the entire day. The trio were going to be suspended and she wasn't going to have to worry about them for a while. She basically skipped to her locker and was about to head over to it before her hood was caught by someone's hand. She whirled around expecting it to be Lyssa, except she saw...

"Carl?!" Evelyn yelped. Carl gave a smirk that graced his full pink lips.

"Well hello, Evelyn," He had a wispy voice that made Evelyn's shiver. He, of course, looked like a model. Silky blonde hair shaped his face perfectly with eyes blue as crystals.

"What do you want, Carl?" Evelyn asked. She did not want to be part of any drama with Carl, not when Lyssa had her prying eyes on him.

"I didn't know you got in trouble with the Headmaster," he sneered. "I thought you were too much of a goody-two shoes to get in trouble." He gave her that charming smile, and Evelyn, in spite of herself, faintly blushed. Carl smirked again, satisfied with Evelyn's reaction.