Zero

"Arnav..She asked you to wait..You waited. And she left. With someone else. Why are you smiling like crazy at the sight of her?"Anjali asked,Arnav,her twin brother..

"Her sight is enough for me. She asked me to wait. I waited. Because it was my choice. Anji. One sided love is sweet. Because it's only mine. She is not to be burdened by it,ever"he said,looking at the reflection of stars on the pool..

Anjali sighed.

They had met Khushi at the mall today. The girl whom he loves. She remembered the days of their youth together. They were three musketeers of their school. Khushi left. But had told Arnav. To wait for her. He did. He met someone else. And few more. But in all this. He waited. And in the end. He received an invitation. To her wedding.

It was a grand wedding. Afterall Khushi Gupta was the heiress of Shashi Gupta. Her and her to be husband Karan Malhotra were the it couple. Talk of the town. He had not attended the wedding. But Anjali had gone there. And had gifted her the handmade dress he had made. For her. The red dress with golden threads dancing around. The queen of his heart deserved the best and he gave her the best. The flaming pheonix,symbolic of prosperity and progress in Oriental fantasy. She had seen it somewhere. And wanted to wear such for her wedding. He had collected it from Anjali..

Anjali had made a short video of her,walking down the stairs with red veil on her face that day. The flowers. The beautiful decoration,the dance and song. Everything was perfect. It was just. He felt dead that moment. So he left. Never turning back. Left Delhi.

Anjali and Aman stayed behind to take care of AR Delhi.

After three years,he was back. Anjali and Aman were getting married. But a mishap happened. Aman's mother passed away. He needed Arnav. And Arnav was not going to leave his only friend alone. To suffer the pain that accompanies him still.

So he shifted back. For both Aman and Anjali..

Anjali and him had gone to central mall to buy some necessary stuff. And there they saw her. Walking down the stairs. She looked more beautiful than ever. With her hair and glasses. With the simple brown shirt tucked inside her blue denims and black casual shoes. The black glass his her expressive eyes. Arnav felt like his breath halt..

Anjali called out for her. Khushi looked at them and waved. Soon they found themselves in the small coffee corner,sitting with cups of coffee. They were amazed how she still drinks the black coffee that Arnav drinks now,daily..

As they chatted. Anjali asked about Karan. Khushi just smiled. But Anjali noticed the missing wedding band from her fingers. She had seen her,gushing about the diamond ring that Karan had gifted her,as proposal gift. And the perfect wedding band she had herself selected. She was so happy about it.. But both were missing.

But Anjali did not mention anything about it to Arnav. She prayed in her heart,Arnav did not notice it. Why?

She did not want her brother to be hurt. But little did she know. Arnav would come across truth sooner than that..

Few days afterwards..

Arnav Singh Raizada was out for a meeting and he saw Karan Malhotra,with a girl. Walking inside the hotel. He went inside. To see what is going on..He saw them casually walking inside a room. Then what. Typical.. He knocked the door and punched him on face. Soon a fight ensued. The girl had to step in to stop them both..

Finally he found. Khushi and him,they were separated after nine months of wedding. Reason. They just could not come in terms of each other. Arnav knew otherwise. But he did not ask for more. Just walked away,mumbling a sorry and thank you..

Karan looked at him weirdly as he heard the thanks part. His bed mate applied some ointments on his lips that broke..

Arnav came back home with joy evident on his face. Yes. It was bad to feel good with someone's divorce. But so what. It was Khushi..

Anjali looked at him weirdly as she heard him humming while cooking his favourite desert. Modak. Can you imagine? Arnav Singh Raizada loves Modak. The sweet sticky little treats with coconut and dry fruits stuffed in it. It's his absolute favourite..

Anjali looked on as he pulled out one by one all the modaks he made. And they took few out to the little temple at home. As an offering to Devi Maa. As gratitude is an attitude..

Soon the sibling sat and enjoyed the sweet treats as evening snacks alongwith black coffee. Arnav seldom cooked. But he was passionate about things he liked..

Anjali asked him again and again,the matter..

And finally Arnav told him the reason. Anjali sighed.

"Arnav..She is Khushi Gupta. Her head is high up in air. She would never look at you. She did not then. She wont now.."Anjali exclaimed..

"But atleast let me try. Anji. We all have right to chase our light. She is that light for me. It's not like I have this high demand or imagination for her. I just want to try it. See it through. Why not follow my heart? Than die with regret? You know. Who knows? May be..I can touch her heart"he said..

"I did not know. You had this filmy side of you dear ASR"said Anjali..

"Kuch Kuch hota hey Anjali. Tum nehi samjhogi.."Arnav added,to the fun. And Anjali smiled rubbing his hair. He should get a hair cut,she noted.

And so the chase started. From coincidence to asking for phone number. From dropping her till her car to actually driving her home. He followed. But never crossing line. He just honestly did his job. His job of expressing love. To his lady love..

Did she feel moved? May be. It was her choice. But her smile was back. That made his day..

And Sun and moon smiled too..