Six

"Aunty. Arnav pulled my hair. See. He pulled out my hair like a rouge"Sheetal screamed and ran to Ratna.

Ratna glared at the boy in anger. Arnav stood there in silence. He knew, explaination is of no use. It was just a waste of time..

It was daily occurence of their family. Someone anyhow would go to Ratna with complaints about Arnav. And she would start. Her physical abuse. At first Arnav blamed others. But soon he found. His mother enjoyed it actually. Abusing a child mentally and physically..

As he stood quitely,Ratna pulled out the wooden spatula. And started hitting his arms. Soon it was all blue and purple..

"ASR..Mrs Raizada is no more"Aman informed Arnav as he entered the cabin.

Arnav looked at him in question. Like what does that mean? It took few moments to resister it.

"Aman. Cancel all meetings. And start with the termination of any kind of contracts with Kapoors. I donot want to see Sheetal Kapoor anymore"he said as he walked out of the cabin.

Aman affirmed and both moved towards Shantivan that he had left long ago.

There she laid,draped in white sheets. Eyes closed. Gone was an era. A past.

Sheetal had not come. She had just called and consoled him. He laughed. How funny. If she really cared. Atleast. She could have asked. If he needed her there. But she did not.

All she did was talk about some great spiritual things that she had copied somewhere else.

How ridiculous right? Spiritual things from her? Who even used the name of God to eat non veg. Yes. They were that dramatic.

He sat quitely in the room. The room which had nothing of his choice. Either his mother or Sheetal had planned it all. He had just moved along.

Still. He felt empty. It felt like he was facing sudden issue. This stress he was carrying. Somehow it was pulled out. And now. He did not know. What to do next. How to move next. 

It felt like he was this runner. Finally reached the end. But still. Could not stop. He needed to breathe. To feel it sinking in. He was afraid he might even sink inside and die there itself. That blank space was that big.

And so. He packed up his bags and left. For few days. Here and there..To see life. To feel life.

He met many kinds of people. Some suffering. Some happy. Some stressed. Some sad. Some trying hard to be sad. Some trying hard to find happiness. Some running behind success. He met many. In the journey.

But his search came to an end,when he reached that valley. And in that valley he found her.

Her voice,her eyes that captivated him,told stories.

And his journey started again.