Eight

"She is so beautiful. And her beauty feels like home. Not like anything else. Not like flowers high above or something. But she feels like home."Arnav Singh Raizada said to his sister as they sat,looking at the girl decorating flowers.

Her white dress,with small black beads on the collar,it touched until her knees. The flowing dress and the flowers,with her thin and tall body,it felt like she was a flower fairy dancing among flowers.

She was cutting the stems of roses,and putting them in a bouquet..

"Then go. Approach her. Why are you sitting here. You have been visiting this shop for years now. Everyday just to have a look of her. Go and tell her"she told..

"Di. I wish to tell her too. But she likes someone else it seems. I have seen her. Wait for hours and hours for some man to come. His arrogance. Her silence. But Di. I am not a wicked person to break a home"he said as both sat looking across the window towards that shop..

"Chhote. Is that really a home? Go and tell her what you feel. Then ask her to take her time"Anjali pushed.

Arnav knew. Things were going to be hard. Still. That time. He decided.

He hired a PI. And later gave the pictures of her boyfriend with others to her. She picked up the package but threw it away after watching it.

Arnav sighed.

Somehow she had to see things to be prepared for the hard hit. So atleast the pictures gave her a mental preparation..

Soon,the hit came. She walked into the apartment of her boyfriend. With her handmade dish. In a thermos.

And there he was. Drinking alcohol with his buddies.

As she stepped inside. She could hear words that she never wanted to hear. He was discussing how their private life was.

How good she was on bed. She still stood. He was drunk afterall. But as she took step by step inside, avoiding the eyes of them.

Suddenly there was a ring. She had the key. But the person was ringing the bell.

And in came a group of women. Dressed exposed. And she stood. Inside the kitchen,with the support of the counter..

Trying her best to breath and not vomit. It hurted as if someone was pushing a knife in her heart and twisting it. How could itbe like this..

That day,she somehow managed to leave. With her thermos. But quitely she waited. Atleast for guilt from his side. But no. There was no guilt. He was as sweet as usual..Playing games around her. Trying to be a good boyfriend and so on. But what she had seen. She knew. What he was hiding inside..

Arnav sat looking at the closed shop and got up. He had been feeling sick for sometime lately. And had an appointment in the hospital..

Still before the surgery of his brain,he wanted to see her one last time. May be he won't be able to come back. After all it was tumor..

She did not come. He went to her home. Standing downstairs, waiting to get a glimpse of her. She was his heart,his lucky charm.

He watched her get down with him.. And smiled.

"Khushi.."he called out her name like a prayer..

But it was mere wishper of wind..

Aman sighed looking at them from the car.

"ASR. Do you really have to arrange a job for that bastard? "He asked as Arnav got inside..

"Her future. Aman. I have to secure it no matter what. Her shop. Her home. Her life. That is all I can do for her"the man said closing his eyes .

He was getting dizzy. Breathless perhaps..

Aman was driving the car towards hospital. He did not notice him going stiff.

Soon he did though. Arnav Singh Raizada was pushed to OT that day. It took whole three hours for doctors. But they removed the tumor.

He was pushed back to the ward. As he slept under the effect of medicine. It felt like he was pulled into a beautiful dream.

Of her,dancing alongwith wind. As rain fell her long hair flew touching him. As her eyes looked into his. Time stopped..

Anjali screamed for doctors as the Blood pressure of the man kept sinking.

The doctors ran towards the ward. They tried their very best. But it seemed. He had lost his willingness to live..

In the long dream with her. He still lived..