Daydreams

Peter's POV:

Although they told me they were fine, I still stayed and watched to make sure they got home safely.

When they get to the door I see Y/n turn around and catch me staring. She waves at me. Before I swing off, I wave back and then leave.

I was trying to ignore the fact that my face felt hot. This suit needs some air, it's way too hot in here. I'll have Mr Stark check that out for me.

Girls sure are weird though

................................................................................................................................................................

"Mr. Parker? Mr. Parker?" my teacher kept saying.

"Uhhhh uh yes?" she snapped me out of my little trance.

"Are you with us?" she asked.

"Yah, sorry."

She continued to talk and teach all the way up until the bell rang.

...............................................................................................................................................................

Finally lunch time arrived.

All of us meet at our usual table and sit and begin to eat. Y/n is wearing gray and black striped pants and a white crop top, with a sweatshirt that matches the pants. But I do notice Y/n is more quiet then usual. Almost like she is daydreaming.

"Hey, Y/n?" I attempt to start a conversation.

"Hmmmm." She says, still not looking at me, still lost in her thoughts.

"How was your party for your uncle and your sleepover with MJ?"

"Good." She responds still nit looking, but MJ does.

MJ and Ned keep looking back and forth between Y/n and I. Back and forth and back and forth.

"What did you guys do?" I ask also clearing my throat.

"Just some average day wonders every teenager should do." She says still not looking at me with a very small smile.

I move my lunch and bag and sit across from her instead of next to her.

"Uhhh hi."

She finally looks at me, "Hi."

"Can we talk, maybe?"

"....I guess."

We go and walk out into the hall, that way no one can see us and so we don't have to see MJ and Ned's confusing stairs per usual.

"What's up?" She asks sweetly, but concerned not looking into my eyes.

"Can you look at me?" I ask.

She doesn't look up so I take two fingers and bring her face up to my level that way we are looking at each other. Now I can see her beautiful blue eyes, I can just get lost in them.

"What's up?" she asked again.

I had let go of her chin already, now that she was looking at me.

"How come you aren't talking as much as usual?"

"What do you mean? I'm talking to you right now aren't I?" she says sarcastically and laughs.

"You won't talk to me, look at me, you aren't eating your lunch, did i do something wrong to upset you?"

Her blue eyes are staring into my brown eyes.

"No"

"No?"

"Peter you're my best friend. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm just trying to think." she states.

"About what exactly?"

"Have your eyes always been that chocolatey brown?" she says under her breath. I feel my face get heated again.

"Is that what you've been thinking about?"

Her eyes go wide, "What? Noooo." She says blatantly. "It's something else. something very important to me. My mom and her work. You don't have to worry about me though."

Flash comes down the hall, "Hey Penis Parker! Whatcha you doin with the new girl? Trying to make out with her?"

We both start to blush noticing ho close we really are to each other. She back away and checks the clock on her watch.

"We better go, class is gonna start in two minutes. And you know how the teachers get when we're late."

"......Right......"

We go back to the cafe, walk to our table, say our goodbyes to Ned and MJ, and head to our Advanced Chemistry class together.

We don't talk as we head to class, and we don't walk to close to each other. There is a big silence and it is not the comfortable silence you get with people, it's the awkward silence.

I can't believe how close we were. We were so damn close.

We reach the classroom, and take our seats next to each other at the science tables. Mr. Harrington was back finally, so now we didn't have a substitute anymore.

Y/n is staring at the teacher the whole time but I can tell she isn't actually focusing on him.

I take this as a time to start making some more of my web fluid. When I finish she still is in her own state of mind. Then all of a sudden she gasps and all eyes are on the two of us.

"Would you like to share with the class what you are so excited about Ms. Miller?" Mr.s Harrington asks.

"No I just has an idea about something." she responds.

"Care to explain what it was?"

"It was just for one of my projects I've been working on in my own free time. Nothing interesting to hear about. The lesson you were teaching was though. So you can carry on and sorry for interrupting." she said smiling.

Now that I've hung out with Y/n more, I can tell the difference between certain quirks she has. She has two smiles. An award winning smile, or should I say a fake one and a beautiful genuine smile.

"... Alright thank you." Mr Harrington continued on. My thoughts are still on Y/n though. Boy, she sure does daydream, just like anyone else, but something about her is different then other people. She is more distracting to me then others.

(Another chapter I'm trying to get back into the jig of things, mind my grammar and spelling on thing lol I do try and look for mistakes before publishing but sometimes it's hard when you rush through it. Love you guys and thanks for all the support, votes, and reads!!!)