Chapter Five: Capture The Flag

I had the Dream again.

I was waking through the woods, only with my friends. We were close to the creek. It was Capture the Flag, Athena versus Ares. Sounds familiar, I joked to myself. It was eerily quiet. Too quiet. I heard a rumbling sound, we all did, the four of us. I drew a sword, prepared to fight. It still isn't balanced. Oh well, I though. With swords drawn, we were about to begin investigating. Suddenly, everyone burst out of they woods, celebrating. The rumbling stopped. We exchanged a concerted glance, but left it be. I saw Annabeth hold up a bloody red flag with a painted boar's head a bloody spear, as it changed to silver with and owl and olive branch. I was one of the loudest to cheer. We were on the Blue Team, Athena's.

Suddenly the rumbling began again, and a large black dog with glowing red eyes and a snake tail jumped at me and forced me to the group. I landed in the creek, splashing down with so much force I nearly chipped a tooth on my own teeth biting together! I felt ribs crack, a painful explosion in my chest. I was bluntly aware of claws digging into my flesh, as the hellhound prepared to make me dinner. I felt the snake tail bite into my leg, poison spreading through my veins like wildfire. It bit me again on the other leg. I somehow managed to lift my sword with a scratched arm, throbbing and shaking, but determined nonetheless. I will not let this beast hurt my family! I thought. No one will! With an furious, pained yell, I thrust the blade into the beast's side, causing it to howl in pain.

I saw it dissolve into golden dust, just like the Chimera the day before, but I knew I wasn't safe. The wounds were fatal. I lost so much blood from internal bleeding, which must have happened with the force of the blow, the wounds on my chest and shoulders, and the poison, as well as the bites themselves that cost me precious drops. I saw Antiqua run over. "Protect. Them." I gasped. I will Lila, I will. I though I saw what looked like a tear on the Pegasus' face. It is sad to say that I was prepared for death. But then I felt it. Strength. Power and Magic coursing through me. I felt incredible. I was going to live! I was able to move again! The pain was receding! I couldn't believe it! I sat up, and realized that through the bloody holes in my ragged orange camp shirt, that the claw marks were closing!

I gasped. Then I saw that the venom actually flowed out of my body, a vile, bright green fluid that disappeared as soon as it touched the water of the creek. Once every last drop was out, the wounds closed with so much speed it was like watching a time-lapse video! I felt my ribs heal in seconds, and the pain in my torso was gone! I looked to my friends, and Percy and Annabeth looked, almost fearful. I know why. I stood, something that should not have been possible, considering that I was in death's doorstep not one minute ago. Gasps filled the air. I wasn't surprised, because I should be dead! But then I saw a bright glow, two colors. Silver and turquoise light filled the air, as well as fearful gasps and yells. Horrified, I looked up. And saw something that would change my life.

I flew up, drenched in a cold sweat. I saw Hailey fly up next to me, followed by Kristiana. We all looked at each other and knew, we all just had a nightmare, and we all knew, it was the same.

...

"So! Capture the Flag is tonight, meaning that you'll want armor and a weapon." Annabeth and Percy were helping us prepare. Everyone else was shocked to learn that they were veterans at the same age as us, being only 16 each. I didn't need to remind them though about demigod lifespans. I wasn't surprised at all though. This freaked them out, because normally new Half-Bloods were in awe of them. I really hope that 'The Dream' as we decided to call it, doesn't come true.