Death and Choice

I got up and stretched. Then looked at the time and cursed. I'm going to be late for girl's day! And that is an important day for a seventeen-year-old. Trust me. I quickly took a shower and got dressed. I put on a blue skirt, a green T-shirt, my sneakers, and my black leather jacket. I looked in the mirror and decided that I was going to wear my hair up. So I brushed it out and braided it. I could hear my roommate (who is also my boyfriend) beginning to make breakfast. I walked out of my room and smiled. "Sabastian, I have to get going," I said.

He looked up from the stove. "You sure you don't have time for some eggs?"

I walked over and kissed him. "Nope, sorry. I'm already late." I paused in the middle of digging through my purse for my keys. "Don't worry. The girls will feed me."

"They better," he muttered.

I laughed quietly. "I'll be back late tonight." 

"Okay." He kissed me again. "Love you."

I walked over to the door and turned. "Love you too." I went out the door and ran to my car so I didn't get soaked. Why did it have to rain on a girl's day? I started up my Toyota Tundra and pulled out of the parking lot. After passing several stop lights without them turning red I finally got to one that did. I scowled. I'm already late and the light is making me even later. It turned green and I pressed on the gas pedal. I was in the middle of the intersection when I heard a loud horn to my left and I looked. There was a semi-truck driving straight at me. I didn't have time to get out of the way and it slammed into me. 

The momentum of the truck made my car slide right into a tree. Everything was blurry and pain was radiating throughout my entire body. Something wet trailed into my eye and UI tried to lift my hand to wipe it away. My hand didn't lift. In fact, I couldn't feel any part of my body. How strange. I blinked and my eyelids refused to open again. It was starting to get hard to breathe. What is happening? Suddenly, I passed out.

When I woke up I was in a dark room. Shouldn't the walls be white since I should be in the hospital? I stood up slowly. "Where am I?" I muttered wishing there was a light somewhere.

"Ah, you're finally awake," a deep voice said.

I looked around. "Who said that?"

"Ever heard of God?

I frowned. "Why would God be speaking to me?"

"Because you died."

I froze. "Died?"

"Yes, and I am giving you two choices. One, you can stay dead. Or you can be brought back to life in your favorite anime."

Vampire Knight? He was going to bring me back to life in Vampire Knight? That might be cool. "U-um," I stammered thinking. I'd rather not stay dead and I know everything that happens in Vampire Knight. "If I was brought back in Vampire Knight, what would I be?"

"What do you want to be?" He countered.

I scowled. I hate it when people answer a question with a question. I thought for a minute. "Can I be a guardian of the school?" I asked hopefully.

"Do you want to be a guardian of the school?"

Now I just straight up glared. "Quit doing that!" I demanded.

"Doing what?" He said.

"Quit answering my question with a question of your own."

"I'm only asking because whichever you choose will be how you live."

I ground my teeth together. I wanted to be a guardian but that would mean I would be human. Maybe I can keep Kename from taking that woman's place. Hmm. "Can you make me like Zero?" I asked cautiously. "But instead of making it so I'm close to Level E make it so I am in complete control so I can teach Zero."

"You want to be a vampire but you want to guard the day class?"

I bit my lip and nodded. "Yes." Okay, I also want to be like Zero because I might have a crush on him.

"But you want to be like a pureblood."

I made a face. "Sort of. I just want to make it so I can't go to Level E." I did not want to be brought back to life in another world just to die.

"You're planning to change how the entire thing turns out."

"Yes."

"Hmm. I can do that."

The world flashed white and then dark because I passed out. Again.