Bite

When I woke up. I was exhausted but then I froze when I realized what today was. I jumped out of bed and got ready. Tonight was the night Zero bites Yuki. I rushed outside and helped Yuki get everyone into their dorms. "So...where's Zero?" I asked casually.

She smiled. "You like him, don't you?"

I blinked. "What?"

"You're in love with him?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm his friend. I'm just worried about him."

She rolled her eyes. "Sure. I think he's doing perimeter tonight."

I nodded. "Okay. I need to talk to the Headmaster. I'll be back." I ran off and frowned when I found Kaname already here.

"You can't ignore what's going on," Kaname stated.

"I know that and I'm not. But I trust Y/n and I'm sure she has this under control," Cross said.

"Yeah, I do," I said stepping into the office. "Nice to know that you trust me," I added to Kaname.

"I trust you," he snapped. "But it won't be long before Kiryu starts biting people. He's going to go Level E."

"No, he won't," I growled. "I'm giving him my blood which will keep him sane which I already told you. So you coming here and talking to Cross about it means you don't trust me."

He glared. "Then why are you here?"

"I needed to let the Headmaster know about my plan," I snapped.

"Zero will be able to stay alive if he drinks your blood?" Cross asked.

I turned to him. "Yes. My blood is like the woman who turned him. So drinking my blood will keep Zero from going Level E." I turned back to Kaname. "Zero is my responsibility, Kaname. I made that clear to you from the start. So back off."

"I'm in charge of all the vampires here," Kaname said. "Which makes them all my responsibility."

"Zero doesn't like you," I pointed out. "So he's not going to listen. Second, you're worried about nothing. I've got this." Then we both stiffened when the scent of blood hit us.

Kaname looked at me. "You've got this, huh?"

I glared. "Bite me." I ran off and down the stairs. "Zero!" I cried. I tugged him away from Yuki. "We talked about this!"

"I'm sorry," Zero said. "I tried to hold back but..."

I held up a hand. "Shut up." I turned and saw Kaname coming over. "Back off," I snarled.

"You know what happens when someone breaks the rules," Kaname told me.

Yuki threw herself between us. "Kaname, no!" And she collapsed.

I caught her. "What's wrong with her?" Zero asked worriedly.

"You drank too deeply," I said calmly. "It's okay."

"Okay?" Kaname said.

I picked her up and handed her to him. "Here. Take care of her and let me do with this."

He studied me for a minute. "Fine. But be careful." He walked away.

I turned back to Zero. "Zero..."

"I know," he interrupted. "I was looking for you when Yuki showed up. I should just be shot, Y/n. I can't control it."

"You will learn," I said firmly. "I'm here to help you do that, Zero. All you need to do is trust me." I paused. "And don't let it come to the point when you're starving too."

"I do trust you and I didn't know I was going to bite her until I did."

"Yes, but I told you this was going to happen."

"I know and I'm sorry."

I sighed. "It's okay. I'm not mad. It was an accident."

"I bet it didn't happen to you," he muttered.

"It didn't," I admitted. "But that's because I told the guy who brought me back here that I needed to be in control."

Zero stepped forward and hugged me. "I'm glad you're here."

I hugged I'm back. "Me too." I glanced at the sky. "Ugh, now I have to go be tutored."

He grinned. "That's what happens when you skip classes."

I made a face. "I skip classes so I can do my job of guarding the school and keeping you sane," I muttered and stepped back. "See you tomorrow night."

He nodded. "How about we stick together at night? That way I won't end up attacking someone."

I nodded. "You won't but that sounds like a good plan." I ran off and straight into my room. I sat in front of Ruka and Kain. "Alright, let's get this over with."