Wanting Her Dead

For the next few days, I did everything in my power to ignore Shizuka. But that damn woman follows me everywhere. Finally, I went to Kaname. "She's driving me nuts," I told him irritatedly.

He raised an eyebrow. "Really? Then why don't you stop her."

"Uh, hello? I can't kill her. You have to start it and Ichiru needs to finish it."

He sighed. "It's not time yet."

"What the frick does that mean?" I said exasperatedly. "What else do you need her to do?"

He met my eyes. "Y/n, I will do what I need to when I choose."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "She's already tried to make that deal with Yuki. I stopped Yuki from even considering it. But that doesn't mean Shizuka will stop trying to get her."

He glared. "That's not going to work."

I smirked. "She wants Yuki to either give her your dead body or have Yuki give up her blood. Which choice do you think Yuki will make when she is pressured, hmm?"

"You're being cruel."

"I have to be! I want you to get rid of her!"

"Yes, but doesn't that open a whole bunch of other problems."

I scowled. "Oh, admit it. You want to overthrow the Senate."

"I do," he admitted. "But again, it's not time yet."

"Then make it time! Because if I have to talk to her one more time, I'm going to end up killing her and screwing everything up!"

He rolled his eyes. "Aren't you planning on changing everything anyway?"

I raised an eyebrow. "So you want me to kill her? I thought you wanted her blood."

Now he smirked. "I know you won't do it."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Want to bet?"

He studied me for a minute. "Hmm, I think I will. I know you well enough to know you won't do it."

"I will!"

"Not."

I turned and left his room. Why don't I just kill him? Then everyone's problem would be gone! I paused and rethought about that. No, they wouldn't be. If he dies then everyone is screwed. Damn. "Hello, Y/n," Shizuka said cheerfully in Maria's body.

"Go away," I growled.

She ignored me. "I heard you talked to Ichiru. He kept it a secret but I finally got him to tell me. What did you talk about?"

"None of your business."

"Oh, I believe it is. He's my toy and I don't take kindly to someone trying to steal him away."

I gave her and dark look. "Then you have nothing to worry about because he's so infatuated with you he would even dream of leaving your side."

She smiled. "I know. Isn't that great?"

My hand twitched. I so wanted to yank out one of my knives and stab her with it. "Go away, Shizuka, before I do something I'll regret." Not that I would regret killing her but I'd be sorry that I hadn't let Kaname do it...Dammit! He was right. I won't kill her.

She tsked. "Don't call me that. I'm in Maria's body so you have to call me Maria."

"Make me," I snarled at her.

"What's going on?" Kaname said.

I scowled. "Of course, you just had to show up right at this minute."

He smiled. "I see you haven't done what you said you would."

"Fuck you," I shot back.

He smiled. "Maria, why don't you come with me? I have something to show you." 

She beamed. "Sure." They started walking away.

I knew he actually was going to show her something. The bastard was going to take forever before he killed her. "Y/n?" Zero said.

I turned to him and forced myself to smile. "Hey, Zero. What's up?"

He glanced around. "I...uh...need blood," he muttered.

I blinked. "Oh." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him where no one could see—then tilted my head to the side to expose my neck. I shuddered as he bit me. I love the sound of my blood being sucked by him. I felt my legs begin to tremble then mentally growled, Get ahold of yourself, Y/n, I mentally scolded myself. He sees me as a friend and nothing more. I bit back a moan. Shit. 

He stopped and looked at me. "Are you okay?"

I mentally shook myself. "Yeah, I'm fine. Was that enough?" I asked.

He nodded. "Thanks." 

He was standing extremely close. "Uh...is there something else?" 

He met my eyes. "How do you feel about me?"