Chapter six

-LUKE-
Math was boring, our teacher decided to give us a surprise test, yippee...
On the plus side, Michael and I got to leave class early! Well, kind of... We were sent to the principals office for making each other laugh during the test. The teacher gave us an F and an after school detention, not that we really cared.
After the principal gave us- well, me, a lecture, Michael didn't really understand what the principal was going on about because he didn't vocalize properly, we exited his office and I sighed loudly.
We stood in the hallway not knowing wether to go back to classes or not. I turned to Michael with a smirk. He looked at me in confusion before I mouthed 'let's ditch.' I know he understood what I said because he instantly started shaking his head disapprovingly.
I ignored his silent protests and dragged him by the arm to one of the back fire exits. As we exited the building and headed off into the woods that was behind the school, Michael kept trying to get my attention but I just ignored him for my personal amusement. He eventually gave up and sighed.
I spotted a big tree stump and we sat down on it. Michael tapped my shoulder and I turned my head to look at him.
'Luke your a dick.' He signed with a smile. I fake gasped.
'How very rude of you Michael Clifford.' I signed back.
'Hah, I knew you could sign.' He signed with a grin. I rolled my eyes and nodded, I guess it was time I told him.
'How else was I going to communicate with you when we didn't have a pen or paper?' Michael gave a small smile and blushed.
'You learnt how to sign so you could talk with me?' He signed, I nodded again and dropped my eyesight to the ground, suddenly feeling really nervous.
I instantly lifted my head back up when I heard a sniffle, Michael was crying. I moved closer to him worried at his sudden outburst.
'Thank you so much Luke, no one has ever done anything like that for me.' He signed quickly before leaning forward and pulling me into a tight embrace. I instantly hugged back, feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
The rest of the day we spent signing to each other and climbing trees, I discovered I wasn't very good at it because I kept falling out of them, but it made Michael laugh and I'd fall out a tree again and again just to hear his beautiful laugh.