Beautiful Violence

It's the 7th day since Rody Lamoree started working at La Guele de Saturne. It was hell being the only waiter in the bistro and he's already considering quitting several times. But the thought of Manon being disappointed at having dinner at some cheap-ass restaurant made him grit his teeth and persist on.

He desperately needed the money. And the tips he gets from the customers are pretty good on top of his salary. It almost negates the stress from working here... almost. Once he saved enough money he'll quit.

Hmph.

Maybe he'll even do it without giving a two-weeks notice. It'll be a fun sight to see Vince scramble like a headless chicken, trying to find a replacement.

TING!

Rody broke out of his musings as the familiar sound of the bell ringing signaled that the cooks are done. He grabbed the steaming hot appetizers from the counter and walks over to the awaiting table, easily balancing two plates with one hand. He gives the two ladies a smile as he gently places down the plates. "Thank you for waiting! Here's the desserts for the lovely mademoiselles."

The ladies giggle and waves shyly as he leaves the table to stand beside the door leading to the bistro's kitchen with his hands behind his back. He peeked up at the clock mounted on the wall by the entrance before sighing in relief. There's only two hours left before his shift ends.

"Thank fucking god." Rody grumbles, turning away for a quick second to hide his yawn. He sniffs as he flexes his left shoulder, trying to relieve the ache of carrying a bottle of wine and glasses for six hours straight.

Please let the next two hours go smoothly. He's so stressed out from the lack of sleep. The nightmares are getting worse day by day. And the worst part is that he can't even remember anything except for the feeling of terror and itchiness around his entire body.

Too bad fate doesn't like to be ordered around.

"AAAAAAAAAH!!!"

A loud scream broke the peaceful calm in the bistro.

Rody swiveled his head towards the scream as the other customers in the bistro starts murmuring to each other, silently watching the person who suddenly made a commotion. A rough-looking man is screaming as he backed away from his own table, the seat toppling over in his haste to stand up. The utensils clattering loudly on the floor as the tablecloth was pulled with him.

Rody immediately ran towards him, complaining internally to himself of the mess he now needs to clean up. "Is something the matter, monsieur?--- HRK!" Rody lets out a grunt of surprise as the man suddenly reaches out and grabs his collar, and tugged him towards the table-- As much as Rody lets him. He follows along, knowing that it would just piss the other person more if Rody wasn't the slightest affected by the hold.

"Unbelievable...! What's wrong with this bistro? Why is there a rat's tail on my dish?!"

Rody's eyes widened as the man gestured angrily at his soup dish. There swimming right in the middle, is a tail. But that doesn't make sense. In his entire time working here, Rody only ever saw a rat once and that one was immediately discarded before he could even point at it. A bit of a shame, he was about to give the little guy a piece of a cheese too. He looks the man in confusion before everything clicked when he saw the familiar glint in the man's eyes.

Yikes. It's one of those people. Rody should've known better with his ten years in the service industry. He just didn't think someone would dare pull this shit with Vince's most well-known and revered bistro... is this man actually serious?

Rody could only give the man a ridiculous stare. His mouth opened and before he could hold his tongue, spoke out what was on his mind. "Are you perhaps short of a marble?"