umbra (shadow)

One the Day Before the Ides of Iunius (12th June, 44 BCE)

Lucretia was pacing. As she had been since the morning. Gaius had sent a letter saying that he was coming over to see her later in the day. She was expecting it, it had been three days since they had seen each other and he never wanted to stay away long. But this time was different. This time she had a secret to tell. It has been two days since her and Agrippa had changed the nature of their relationship and neither had told Gaius yet. He needed to know, Lucretia knew that, but... what if he wasn't happy about it? If she was forced to choose between the two men who made her feel so good... what would she do?

Lucretia thought she knew her brother, knew that he would be fine with her relationship with Agrippa. There were rumours after all that he had already begun fucking multiple other women in Rome, including Cicero's young, pretty wife. If he was, why would he be bothered by her fucking their friend?

"Domina?" Lucretia turned to Maxima, who was standing in the doorway, "Your brother is here."

"Let him in," Lucretia sat on the sella curulis that she had placed in the atrium.

Gaius entered the atrium with a smile that quickly faded when he saw the expression on Lucretia's face. "my sweet sister, why are you sad?"

"I am not sad my dear Gaius," she paused, "I am worried."

Gaius walked closer and took a seat beside her and reached out to take her hand in his, "what worries you?"

"I did something Gaius, something I worry will anger you," Lucretia confessed.

"You would never do anything that could anger me sister."

"I fucked Agrippa."

Gaius blinked.

Lucretia pulled back.

Gaius sighed.

Gaius kissed her.

Lucretia let out a small sigh and lent into the kiss. After a moment they pulled apart and Lucretia smiled, "you aren't angry with me?"

Gaius laughed, "angry that you fucked my friend? The only person in this city, beside you, that I trust? No, I'm not angry with you." Gaius pulled her in for another kiss and Lucretia giggled.

After another moment of kissing Gaius pulled back, he stared at her for a moment and Lucretia furrowed her brows, "what?"

"You didn't think that I saw the looks that passed between the two of you? You look at him like you look at me Lucretia," Gaius said exasperated.

Lucretia blushed, "well... men often don't notice these things, he didn't."

"I am not most men," Gaius said.

"No... you aren't."

The Day After the Ides of Iunius (14th June, 44 BCE)

Two days. It was another two days before the three... friends... were in a room together again. Gaius and Agrippa had been busy dealing with the change of events after Antonius had been granted the governorship of Cisalpine Gaul, spending the last two days bribing people for support and convincing veterans to join the 'personal guard' that the young Caesar had gathered since his return to the city.